Norton Lees, opinions please?

Hi, My partner and I are looking at houses in the Norton Lees area. We would appreciate any opinions on public transport/crime rates/local amenities eg. shops/pubs/take outs etc . . . Thanks

Hello, i lived in norton lees pretty much all my life, i loved living there as it is a friendly residential area with good sized houses specially if your wanting to start a family, and its also within walking distance to schools and local shops you also have the benefit of the local park ( meersbrook park) which is also great if you have kids or pets. hope this works out for you

alicefaye x

My friend lives there and loves it, the schools are good, nice community and easy to get into town. I agree Meersbrook or Graves park are great too !

bus service is rubbish,but then again most of the other areas in sheffield are the same,schools are ok,sportsman and cross are ok,graves park is the best park in england,woodseats is 5 min walk down hill and 15 mins back up, quite a few "ten bob snobs" but isnt there in most areas of sheffield?

Dangerously close to Gleadless

Very quiet. Very dull area. Pubs are pathetic. Newfield school had a terrible reputation until a few years ago. Also very high burglary rate for south Sheffield. Mainly because there's woods connecting it to much scummier areas. Works van got broken into fairly regularly when it was parked outside. Sheds and garages are regularly broken into.

Sources: Lived here for 14years. Close to newfield school. Chased off 2 men and a young boy who were trying to climb through my back window in march. Elderly neighbour was burgled this summer while she answered the door to the felon's accomplice.

Well Norton Lees, or S8 covers a big area.

Crime rates are higher in Norton Lees main, mainly families, semi-detached houses. Pubs are bad generally. But thats most places these days.

Upper end of Norton Lees from Meersbrook up Derbyshire lane up to Graves park is quiet surburbia, average age 40+ no crime to speak of and good community, excellent facilities down on woodseats and a few shops round about Norton Lees main but not much.

Graves park is awesome, go feed the animals.

Transport links are good. 15- 20 mins to town. Especially if you are close to Woodseats.

Theres a LOT worse areas in Sheffield trust me, this is one of the better ones. I would live on Derbyshire Lane / warminster road areas for the true taste of middle aged surburbia. OR Meersbrook if you are a younger liberal sort.

Both are a lot better in all aspects than proper Norton Lees and it doesnt border rougher inner city estates / areas such as Heeley.

Edited by TJC1

I lived on norton lees for about 3 years and I wish I have not moved the friendliest place I have lived and good access to most places