Should heavily pregnant women use parent and child parking spaces?

YES, YES, YES.

And I really really really dont think anyone will challenge a heavily pregnant lady :)

My view is it is for Mummys who need more space, as you said - you clearly need more space - GO FOR IT

They are for *parents or carers* of children who need more room. I would like to take this opportunity to remind shoppers at Morissons in particular, that if you expect your child to load the shopping in to the boot and take the trolley back while you sit in the car having a fag, these spaces are not for you. (Just something I saw once)

no no no

it's a lifestyle choice not a medical condition.

I'm pretty sure I remember you saying you park on double yellow lines near the vets. Was that you?

Anyway, are you suggesting that only parents with children where one or both of them has a medical condition should use parent and child spaces? Wouldn't they be better using the disabled spaces, as they are generally more plentiful and nearer the shop?

Yes! I remember it being a nightmare hauling myself out of the car when heavily pregnant! If I can't get into a parent and child space I park over 2 bays, easier to get baby out and no risk of scratching neighbouring car.

How very considerate of you.

I've never had to do this, and my car is 6 foot 2 wide, plus mirrors. There is normally a space on a row end somewhere, or a quiet bit of car park, especially if you are shopping in 'toddler is awake' hours.

If there are no aisle end spaces or a quiet bit of the car park, chances are it's busy and other people will want the space you are taking up for no reason. You can get a child out of a car in a normal space, it's just a bit less convenient.

Taking up two spaces is inconsiderate.

I don't have a problem with anyone using one of those spaces. Why supermarkets and the like think it is acceptable to discriminate in favour of people with children is beyond me.

Because they have more mouths to feed and bums to clean and therefore spend more money?

Because giving people with kids strapped in to seats a bit more room to get them out means that other customers don't get annoyed when their precious transport gets a dent?

Because for any given person, it's harder to get into a shop when you have to carry or walk with a baby or toddler than if you didn't have one?

i am both a disabled person and a parent also pregnant and i wouldnt be bothered if a pregnant woman used a parent and child parking space i also have disabled children but do not have a blue badge for them up until the last few years i myself didnt have a blue badge i know how tight some spaces are in parking and find it hard to get in and out of my car to get in my chair when i need it, like a lot of the other posters on here have said you are a parent with child and although the child is not yet born i think you should find that most parents would understand. My hate is people that have disabled badges that sit and wait in the car taking up spots, when my partner is with me and we use the disabled spots if he is staying in the car and waiting for me he drops me off and then finds a normal parking spot then when i come out he collects me at the front of the entrance thus giving another disabled user the spot that i would have taken some disabled drivers do take the mick sometimes and that frustrates me especially when its a spot thats really needed and you know the driver is not disabled or travelling with the disabled person but if they have a badge there is nothing that can be done. I for one am very greatful that i have a badge and would not abuse the situation as said in previous posts i have seen some oaps in parent toddler spaces and non blue badge holders in disabled spots but most car parks now have attendants who check the spots/cars etc

I don't have a problem with anyone using one of those spaces. Why supermarkets and the like think it is acceptable to discriminate in favour of people with children is beyond me.

Folks with kids will spend more (probably) at the shop than those with fewer mouths to feed.

Therefore if one shop is more convenient for that group that are likely to spend more then hopefully they go to that shop more.

It has nothing to do with shops being charitable if you ask me, it's all about the money/potential spend.

Because they have more mouths to feed and bums to clean and therefore spend more money?

Folks with kids will spend more (probably) at the shop than those with fewer mouths to feed.

It's a lot like talking to yourself on here these days.

It's a lot like talking to yourself on here these days.

Well done, you got there first.

I do apologise for missing that post as I read the thread and shall of course grant you unreserved credit for bringing up that point should anyone else fail to notice you have already mentioned it.

Well done, you got there first.

I do apologise for missing that post as I read the thread and shall of course grant you unreserved credit for bringing up that point should anyone else fail to notice you have already mentioned it.

Blimey, you're grumpy. I wasn't after credit, it's not exactly a revolutionary idea, and nor was my post hidden amongst hundreds of others. There doesn't seem much point in a forum when fewer posts are made and those aren't read. I recall a time when, on days like this where I haven't much to do, Sheffield forum was always good for wasting a few hours because it was constantly being updated by people who had a sense of fun. Perhaps grumpy moderators are part of the reason it's so quiet?

<awaits ban for questioning a mod. Ban will be referred to as a 'holiday' for reasons only known to the mod team>

Blimey, you're grumpy

Sorry, having one of those days.

Oi you two - this forum has a chat room :mad:

can some kind moderator please remove the off topic posts from here please? :rolleyes:

one of the reasons I spend less time here is the time it takes to wade through all the pointless posts in trying to read any sort of reasoned argument that may be buried within the dross

... and as for the miserable gits who believe everybody should be just like them... come to think, I can't figure out why the heck I don't have Cyclone on my ignore list by now :huh:

I used them when heavily pg & am sure no one would mind. I would always look for an end space first but you can't always find one.

I had a horrible incident when someone parked too close & I had to climb over from the passenger side with a huge bump. I ended up nearly wedged in & in tears as I had squashed my bump climbing over. I decided that it wasn't worthe the risk.

Oi you two - this forum has a chat room :mad:

can some kind moderator please remove the off topic posts from here please? :rolleyes:

one of the reasons I spend less time here is the time it takes to wade through all the pointless posts in trying to read any sort of reasoned argument that may be buried within the dross

... and as for the miserable gits who believe everybody should be just like them... come to think, I can't figure out why the heck I don't have Cyclone on my ignore list by now :huh:

Because I don't pick names at random to be nasty to??? Unlike yourself apparently.