The Rug Doctor machine hire from Morrisons

The rug doctor is very good, we have cats and a dog so our carpet gets really dirty with them traipsing in mud all the time, and it works a treat. We just buy a big thing of the detergent as that's better value, and keep the leftovers for next time (there's always a next time!)

I paid someone to do mine, it came up like new but the thing that impressed me most was the fact that it was left almost dry.

In fact two hours with the door and window open and the furniture was back in,

Ahh but Astonclean you let me down in the past....Bear in mind the charge for the rug doctor is for 24 hours i can do all my house in that time..whereas you say you charge £25 per room...

by the time you have hired machine for £18.99 and bought the solution £15, its not any cheaper, we charge from £25 per room

but you charge £25 per room.

i have 4 rooms to do plus hall, landing and stairs so it is indeed cheaper to hire the rug doctor and buy the cleaning fluid

Does the rug doctor leave the carpet wet or damp after cleaning?

We hired a Rug Doctor over the W/E, it works well.

The carpets / upholstery are left damp so I`d advise using it in the summer and leave all the windows open to speed up drying, a fan or three can also help. Doing all this means the carpet is reasonably dry within a few hours.

I would always pay the extra (it was only a few quid) to hire the "upholstery attachment" even if you don`t want to do your suite and/or car and/or mattresses. It`s needed to clean the stairs and also to get right up to the edge of the carpet and into any restricted areas of carpet.

Edited by Justin Smith

We hired on and completed the job with time to let others have a go with it.

But,

Beware putting the furniture back in too soon - we did and  now have four little rust circles where the metal  caps on the feet of  a set of drawers reacted the the remaining moisture

On 08/07/2019 at 12:33, Justin Smith said:

I would always pay the extra (it was only a few quid) to hire the "upholstery attachment" 

I’m not sure where you are renting from but I have always got all the attachments thrown in for the one price (Homebase in the retail park, then Morrisons once Homebase became The Range)

What is the end result after using the rug doctor.  Is it better than  using a Vax ?

Way better than using a VAX.

The main reason is that it is twice as heavy which makes a better seal with the carpet meaning that most of the dirty water is sucked up by the machine rather than only some of it with lighter machines.

1 minute ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Way better than using a VAX.

The main reason is that it is twice as heavy which makes a better seal with the carpet meaning that most of the dirty water is sucked up by the machine rather than only some of it with lighter machines.

Cheers! I will give the rug doctor a go. :thumbsup: