Poor areas and skimmed milk.

I've noticed this too.

We buy skimmed for us (parents) while the kids now have semi skimmed. They used to have full fat until they were eight.

I do much of my fortnightly shop at ALDI and LIDL. Whilst you can get 4 pt cartons of full fat and semi skimmed - skimmed only comes in 2 pt cartons which is 75p as opposed to £1 for the semi/full fat in a 4pt carton.

You make the correlation of poverty and obesity saying the poor eat rubbish food because it is cheaper....fine so far.....but milk is the same price whether it be full fat, semi or full skimmed. As for filling your arteries with fat....full fat milk is only 4%....semi is 2% and wilk (watery milk...skimmed)...is less than 1% (and totally pointless as milk!).

I think you have missed my point. Try doing it without being so rude next time. I did not mention the cost I mentioned the lack of money (in the residents' pockets) in the areas where it is difficult to find skimmed milk.