Where to get rid of leather sofa?

Anyone help?

I have a two seater leather sofa. It was £1,000 new 5 years ago. The seats have gone on it.

I know the council take sofas away - but its costs £35 I think..

I think it would be some use to someone, but I really need it picking up.

And soon!

Got another one arriving!

Obviously, I would prefer something for it.. as I do think its repairable.

But if I cannot sell it, Id just like to get rid.

Any one offer any ideas?

Thanks! :)

Any one offer any ideas?

Buy more carefully!

There's a thread about plastic bags and landfill, but inferior quality domestic products are a much bigger problem!

My sofa came with something like a 25 year guarantee. It's still comfy after 15 years of use

Freecycle or freegle, someone will be glad to collect it and make use of it.

Ask the local kids if they want it for their bonfire?

Today being November 5th you might have a good chance.

Another option is the Scouts - if you have such a thing locally? They normally organise the bonfires this evening (in some areas) and they may even want to keep it for their Scout hut as seating if it is not too badly in disrepair, or infected.

Buy more carefully!

There's a thread about plastic bags and landfill, but inferior quality domestic products are a much bigger problem!

My sofa came with something like a 25 year guarantee. It's still comfy after 15 years of use

I know where you are coming from with this one Strix. But you won't convince some people on here that it's worth spending more for better quality.

My sister in law is on her 4th 3 piece suite in the time that we've only had just the one. Ours has lasted about 16 years now and still looks good. We paid about £3000 for it at the time. The sister in law must have spent double that now on buying cheap ones that just wear out. And they never looked any good in the first place! Well, at least she's had the pleasure of renewing the look of her lounge more than us I suppose.

I think there are some things that its really not worth skimping on - settees are one and the most important of all is a good bed. You spend most of your life in bed so it's not a bad idea to get a good one - especially if you don't want back problems later on.

But we've had folks on here, looking to buy the cheapest mattress going - for less than a £100 say. Yet I wonder what they would spend on the latest flat-screen TV?

Oh well. Each to their own I suppose.

I can't see us getting a flat screen tv until this CRT one bites the dust either :P

Funny you should mention mattresses - my mum buys mattresses from Argos :loopy: How the heck do you tell if you're buying the right one? :huh: