Brightside & Carbrook Dairy

I worked at Broughton Lane for around 6 months in 1966, I worked on the bulk deliveries covering day off and holidays I remember a couple of others one called Longley and Charley Phillips + Denis & Ron Green I left to work on the buses

they moved to bellhouse road

Wonder if you remember my dad who worked at the dairy for many years Thomas Seymour he worked as a milkman for over 30 years started with a horse and cart.

He retired with ill health many years ago and is no longer with us now he delivered in the shiregreen area and had a window cleaning round in the afternoons .

I used to work at the Brightside and Carbrook Dairy in Broughton Lane, just as they re-located to a better site. I've forgotten where they moved to...can anyone recall and is there anyone out there that worked for the B&C Dairy around that time? The only two names that I can recall are the lady on the switchboard, who was called Barbara Tagg (I think) and someone in the laboratory called Josephine.

bellhouse rd took over the bakery dep

Moved to Bellhouse Road in 1978 after brand new bottling plant installed. I was working as a delivery milkman at the small depot there, which now became the main depot. Manager was Mr Price. Foreman on the landing was Albert Keyworth who had a brand new VW caravanette. Cashing in lady was Jess.

in 1944 keyworth was only a spare man int yard if you ran out of milk he would bring some out to you a small fordson lorry

Wonder if you remember my dad who worked at the dairy for many years Thomas Seymour he worked as a milkman for over 30 years started with a horse and cart.

He retired with ill health many years ago and is no longer with us now he delivered in the shiregreen area and had a window cleaning round in the afternoons .

I remember tommy drove a horse and cart worked with him once or twice I was only a lad

my mother in law worked there she delivered milk along with her friend connie by horse and cart

Hi, Does anyone remember my dad Roger Staniforth at the B&C Dairy at Bellhouse Road? He worked in the transport department on the milk floats and lorries repairing them when they broke down from around 1970's - 1997.