Need advice: Hiring an electric guitar for a teenager

I maybe in the wrong board, but I'm in need of help.

My daughter wants to learn electric guitar, she's 13, her school don't have any schemes where they loan equipment, I'm not that well off enough to buy her one, is there anywhere is Sheffield where school children can hire instruments?

Edited by slobotham

I would contact a music store, used to be a few on London road that dealt with guitars etc ... im sure they would be a good point of contact.

Good luck.

you can learn without using an amp, infact dont even go near one for the first year. no need whatsoever, play it dead. messing about with an amp will just waste valuable practise time. some teachers will loan an instrument.

I’ve seen Encore ¾ size electric guitars in Cash Convertors and Pawn shops for £30 and on Ebay for less. They play fine and the size would be good for a 13 year old.

The basic one-pickup, no tremolo arm version will probably give you the least trouble.

Ask someone who plays to look out for one for you, so they can check its playability, string height etc.

oh and b & m retail, only get something like a stat replica, nothing fancy for their first