Airport travel - from Heathrow 30th nov

Flying into Heathrow to arrive 7pm On 30th November. Last flight to manchester seems to be from a different terminal 1hr 40 mins later, which is a bit of risk, claiming luggage, travelling, checking in..... Train from Saint Pancras - not until after 10, getting in to Shef after 1am. AAAAGGGHGHHHH:mad:

Taxi £160. Anyone want to share???????

What you should have done is booked a connecting flight up to Manchester on the same ticket as your flight into Heathrow, checkin not an issue as you can check in and get boarding passes for your flight up to Manchester from Heathrow at the same time as your check in for your flight into Heathrow. Luggage wouldn't be an issue as it should get tagged up to Manchester so no need to pick up at Heathrow. Then if you misconnect your flight up to Manchester the airline have to look after you i.e overnight hotel if needed and rebook you on the next available flight they have.

Have you thought about getting a hotel at Heathrow for the night, there are a couple of cheap Travelodges located at Heathrow then travel up to Sheffield on the train the following day, buy some cheap advance train tickets.

Yes, you're right, I should have but I didn't!!! Thanks for suggestion re hotel. I have looked into it but I'd love to get home that night if I could. Thanks for taking trouble to reply

Flying into Heathrow to arrive 7pm On 30th November. Last flight to manchester seems to be from a different terminal 1hr 40 mins later, which is a bit of risk, claiming luggage, travelling, checking in..... Train from Saint Pancras - not until after 10, getting in to Shef after 1am. AAAAGGGHGHHHH:mad:

Taxi £160. Anyone want to share???????

Is it really that much of an issue arriving into Sheffield after 1 am? By the time you've landed, collected your luggage and travelled to Kings Cross etc there shouldn't be much of a wait for the train at St Pancras? Then just book a taxi to collect you from Sheff station.

I imagine that booking now might mean that the train from London is relatively cheap compared to buying on the day?

Thanks for the opinion... after a 14 hour flight, another 6 hours just feels too much to contemplate!

Thanks for the opinion... after a 14 hour flight, another 6 hours just feels too much to contemplate!

After a 14hr flight it would be something to eat a few pints and a night in a hotel for me.

Eat a few pints??

Personally I would go for a hotel. What you don't want is to risk missing the last train to Sheffield and being stuck at St Pancras overnight, and then having to buy a new ticket for the next day.

If you do decide to go for the train, check your tube connections on http://www.tfl.gov.uk as there is a lot of evening engineering work at the moment.

Eat a few pints??

What a difference a comma makes. :hihi:

After a 14hr flight it would be something to eat, a few pints and a night in a hotel for me.