Capitalism: A Love Story - THE SICKENING TRUTH

I'm afraid you might cause a civil war if you try to ban coffee. I'll happily put you up against the wall for that idea myself!

I like coffee. We all like coffee but in cups or mugs not crappy paper pint pots that cost 3 quid a go. Your views are taken on board though and we don't want a civil war ( not with all these guns we've now made for barter knocking about) so coffee is but it's coffee only. Not latte, capacino etc. And it's rationed but not by messers costa, Nero, starbucks et al. No, little chefs shall be the coffee guardians.

we could quite easily cope in this world without money, the whole concept of money is totally outdated

we should all withdraw every single penny out of our banks or where ever people save it, then dump it all in truck loads at the very doors of our societies elit, then burn it all

money has caused more grief, wars, famine, poverty and corruption than anything and that is a fact, you can not really argue with that

the system and the people who support it have an automatic and somewhat inevitable built in failure about it, the system only ever succeeds when it makes up for something failing in the first place, it can never succeed on top of something good and it never will

You can forward your unwanted money to me. Wrap up well. It's going to be a cold winter living outdoors :hihi:

I like coffee. We all like coffee but in cups or mugs not crappy paper pint pots that cost 3 quid a go. Your views are taken on board though and we don't want a civil war ( not with all these guns we've now made for barter knocking about) so coffee is but it's coffee only. Not latte, capacino etc. And it's rationed but not by messers costa, Nero, starbucks et al. No, little chefs shall be the coffee guardians.

They serve filter coffee at Starbucks you know!

I know it's off topic, but this is part of the capitalism that the OP hates. If people didn't want to buy extra tall, super skinny, no fat, decaf, late's with an extra shot, then these places wouldn't exist. They can only exist if people want to use them to buy coffee.

They serve filter coffee at Starbucks you know!

I know it's off topic, but this is part of the capitalism that the OP hates. If people didn't want to buy extra tall, super skinny, no fat, decaf, late's with an extra shot, then these places wouldn't exist. They can only exist if people want to use them.

My Bold

The same could be said of the suppliers of heroin. That is why it is an argument against the consumerist doctrine of 'the market', not for it.

Edited by donkey

Not just talking about the michael moore film, which highlighted the sickening and rotten way society is managed, along with peter josephs excellent series of zeitgeist films...

The st pauls cathedral protests are not just in this country, people have had enough all over the world, and i quite frankly hope it gets worse, because lets face, capitalism is and always has been radical evil

when george bush said it was the best system ever devised, he was quite honestly brainwashed by his own self supporting system of corruption

i seriously hope that we have a world wide movement that strikes at the very heart of all corrupting governments as well as the banking elite

The plain truth is that the Love of Money is the Root of all Evil. Its just that people don't like to hear the truth.

Despite my apparent inaction I have found a template for the no government, no money thing.

Somalia.

Despite my apparent inaction I have found a template for the no government, no money thing.

Somalia.

Introduce a maximum wage and a limit of capital savings and assets.

Once that limit (lets call it a greed factor) is reached then the excesses are taxed at 100 percent unless used to create further production or infrastructure necessitating employment for those who can never aspire to come close to the set limits of ownership.

Once you have enough wealth to live a life of ultimate oppolence for you and your kids and grandkids then i think you dont really need further wealth and should be made to use it creatively or have it taken away.

There would be no rich list as the top earners would be tied in a dead heat and the bank calculators would know how many noughts on a savings account would be enough.

Not just capitalism.........M and S capitalism

If anyone had bothered to look at the second videolink, that last post is just not going to happen (is it Mr Rotheschild?)

No we can stick with money , it's more convenient.
Agreed.

So global currency will dollars.
No need. Look where the latest 'semi-global'/'multi-national' currency attempt (€) is currently heading.

But isn't that what got us into this mess - the whole money thing?
No, speculation on the money thing got us into this mess. This time like the last (as corrently pointed out by donkey a while back).

Help me out people.
Simples. Probably far too simples. But hey...

Maintain currencies, maintain the shares system, but prohibit (globally, and strictly):

(i) share prices from being based on anything other than the value of a company's physical assets at any one time (buildings, physical stocks, etc. basically, anything you can hold or grab in your hand that belongs in whole or part to the company)

(ii) speculation on anything other than physical assets already produced (no derivatives, futures, etc.)

(iii) negative speculation (betting on a negative outcome...I'm having a brain fart about the exact terminology)