Memories of Fulwood Cottage Homes

Do you like the pic of my Good harness race horse he made me $40000 the hard way when times where a little rough

Has anyone come across a Jimmy (James) Cottam or Albert Bailey - now in their 70s.

cottam67

I was in the fulwood cottage homes in 1946to 1949 also was my youger brother david I left there and went to Blyth to join the merchant navy Does any one know of anybody there at that time W unwin

Hi mune10366

There are a couple of discussion threads already in operation on the FCH which ex-children sent there are talking on. You might find the following helpful:

Fulwood cottage homes,cottam family in Sheffield History & Expats

Children's home/orphanage in Sheffield History & Expats

Best wishes,

Lavender

HI just posted reply with sunshineyday didn't know you had own thread going . Is Unwin 39-1946 your bro' my school buddy we use to run away together i think he was in hell hole number 3 with very nasty Milner

Hi flyer

I am wilfred unwin and I was the in 39 to 46 and David was my brother Yes david was in 3 and I was in 7 and 1

The mother in 7 was Miss Feilds and the mother in1 was a miss Edge both was wicked David passed away last year and we had just found each other for the first time since I left the homes to go into the merchant navy I did go back to the homes just before David died and we went into number 5 to look aroun and it brought shivers down my spine and they told us that the belt of green between the boys and the girls homes can not be touched as it is a memoriel to all the children that had been in there I dint think any one was left when I was in there:thumbsup:

best regards W UNWIN

hi any info on fch greatly appreciated my grandfather was in the home in 1917 are records available i was told they had all been destroyed can anyone help thanks

keeley

Hi Mollymoon I can give you a phone number where vyou can get his records from The number is 0114233 I hope this is of help for you

MUNE10366

My Grandmother grew up in FCH ..sadly she's passed away now:( ..so im not sure on dates ..she was there with her sister and brothers..her name was Daisy Williams if anyone remembers her ...she worked most of her life at bassets where her nickname was Daz.

Hi Ms Tetley

Can you tell us any more details about your grandma - do you know roughly when she would have been there or her DOB, which would help date her?

There are a few threads now on FCH - we really should get them unified to make it easier to look for info and for people to talk.

Best wishes

Cottam67

Mune looking at some of my very old mail,my brother lived on Wisewood Ave,I think that was were you use to live, i cant pick up the name on Sheffield st map

Hi Adrian I cant remember the name of the road we lived in but I can remember I had a kind of arch and when you get through it the was a big hill that I played on I cant remember any naghbours at all when I was at sea I went to canada alot of times some of the places I went to was montreall Lasall

on the st Lurence

Wilf