Memories of Fulwood Cottage Homes

Hi Misty I was in fch till I went to the wellesley I left the school in 1950 to join the mn my name is wilfred unwin

Hi wilf what happan to "Munne"did u kill him off:D:D

after reading all your storys of fch u have helped me know my father a bit better and why he was like he was his name was alfred thomas known has alf

after reading all your storys of fch u have helped me know my father a bit better and why he was like he was his name was alfred thomas known has alf

Glad to be of some help I know it changed myself & my brothers for life and many more ,however i also know that in some inmates view they seem think there stay as positive maybe it was just the time and what short of house mother you land up with(war time I've only heard of ONE good one M Lindsey #6) I'm 77 i left at 11 and can still get upset, maybe by the time i reach 143 i will forget:(:(:(

u might have known my dad and his brothers he would have been 77 this year and he was placed in the home when he was 5 dont know how old he was when he came out only know he was old enough to go to work when his mother took him out please if anyone can remember him and his brothers get in touch i am doing the family tree but cant find alot about my dads family his name was Alf thomas

Hi Dawnanne the Thomases you are talking about could be my dad and his brothers their names are Alfred known as Alf Gordon Graham and Brian i really hope so i think they were put in there around this time i know my dad was only 5 but dont know anything else because my dad never talked about it

Hi

Yes you are right. My dad was a baby when he was taken into the home. Not sure if dad is the only one left. Gordon died in 1995, Brian has died. June was the sister but we never had contact with her or your dad.

Edited by Dawnanne

u might have known my dad and his brothers he would have been 77 this year and he was placed in the home when he was 5 dont know how old he was when he came out only know he was old enough to go to work when his mother took him out please if anyone can remember him and his brothers get in touch i am doing the family tree but cant find alot about my dads family his name was Alf thomas

only remember one that came in #2 at 5yr old that was one of the Lindsey brothers ,but seem your dad would have been my age so very possible we could have gone to school together in 39-43ish that was the little village school in Fullwood this school closed down around 43 I went to Greystones seem to remember Pamona?? being the other one

thank u for replying but i got some good news last night i was reading further on in this site whe i came across some more storys on this home and i found someone who was looking for my dads family and got in touch it turns out she was my uncle daughter why the dont have all these storys all together i will never know but it has open my eyes to the suffering both u and my dad must have gone through it had made me understandmy dad more

Hi My Name is Joan Hague

I'm looking for anybody who may know of the name Thickett? My Mother and her two sisters and a brother was in the home around 1930 when their Mother died!

their names and ages at the time was Gladys Mary Thickett Aged 10, Evelyn Thickett Aged 8, John Frederick Thickett Aged 6, And Nellie Thickett Aged 4

The Eldest Three Left When They Was 15y/o And The Youngest Nellie Died In There At The Age Of 8y/o

Dose Anyone Remember Them OR Have Any Information/Photos Of Them Please Send Me An E-Mail joan-hague@live.co.uk

Thank You

My Mum and her sister were in FCH after coming from near Eastbourne when their mother died. They were then Margaret and Jennifer Burnand. Strange thing is that Mum now lives less than a mile from there now.

Mum has very few memories of being there, although I will have to have a chat with her and see what she actually does remember.

my grandma was in fch she was born 1909 ,her mum put her in there because it was somewhat a disgrace to have babies when not married in them days.

There was a lad that came into #2 in 42ish i sort of think he was bombed out, any how he wet the bed every day for the rest of the time I was in (3 more yrs) and the Bull would paste him with the copper stick every single day,knowing her I'm sure he got pasted for the rest of his stay I'm wondering if she ever cured him of wetting the bed.