Memories of Fulwood Cottage Homes

Don't be too hard on him - it's obviously aspirational...

mrs anorak

I found some Cottams in Worthing - are they related?

It is my mum who is the cottam she came from shefield but yes I do live in cumbria, thanks for the intrest are you a cottam?

There are just a lot of cottams Lavender...

Cottam has a whole bunch of them he's trying to find, so if you are a sheffield-originated cottam or know any then please join our network. We have managed to link the notts branch to the cumbria branch, so interesting to see if you link in somewhere.

cottam67

Out of interest, I've just looked in the phone book and found one in Bexhill, Sussex. ( a 'J' ) Any use?

Thursday.

I was in the horror camp of fulwood fm 1939 to 1946 but we was not let go over to the girl section, my own sister was in there for 4y'rs but we could not visit.

Hello again Flyer

Did you manage to find your sister? it was common practise to keep the boys and girls apart and the only way to comunicate was with a little letter or to hand the ball back.

My mum remembers having the nit check every night and sent to bed with a whack on the side of the head.

Hi Thursday

All info is of use when you are searching like this as good links come from the most unlikely places.I use the internet with the hope that one of the children of my mums brothers or sisters will see it and get in touch.If they have really nosy children this is sure to work.

Bye Thursday

hi cottam yes my sister & family came to Canada in 68 (london-ontario) my brother who was never quite the same landed up in the wilds of northern canada as a "SHARMAN" (witch-doctor) to the Indians, those beatings he took to the head in fulwood must have had something to do with that

my brother who was never quite the same landed up in the wilds of northern canada as a "SHARMAN" (witch-doctor) to the Indians, those beatings he took to the head in fulwood must have had something to do with that

Dear Flyer

We have some spooky near relatives too, must be some localised effect...

I don't think you'd recognise FCH anymore - it's posh housing now.

cottam67