Memories of Fulwood Cottage Homes

Thank you for this Brian. I will write off this week and let you know if I get any information. :)

I am really intrested to hear if it was possible to find any records. My father and his brothers lived there all their childhood. My dad is missing some years he says they are blank. I know he hated it and rather not talk of his childhood he remembers skipping school to fish as he got older.

Can anyone remember Thomas's there 1939 onwards.

hi dawn anne,

i was in fulwood 1951 with my sisters and wrote to community services at castle nmarket buildings, got a reply with dates and reason for admittance, also if records found in archives (cos related to me with proof ) could take a digital photo with permission

linda

Hi Anne

Thanks very much for the information , I have now made contact with the Team at Castle Market and am waiting a response

Edited by Dawnanne
double worded

thank you for this brian. I will write off this week and let you know if i get any information. :)

-----------

hi jessie`s girl,

how have you got on with your searching-- regarding

your mum, on f.c.homes.

I`ll leave you with this phone no--- 0114--2039395.

Sheffield archives if youve not tried.

Look on other thead--

childrne homes or orphanages, you might get some help of-

there, keep trying------bye

looking for information on Brenda Briggs who was in the home from December 1941 to May 1943

looking for information on Brenda Briggs who was in the home from December 1941 to May 1943

my time but we were not allowed to talk to the girls,but what short of info are u looking for

my time but we were not allowed to talk to the girls,but what short of info are u looking for

she was my sister but was adopted in 1943 she would be 5 years old but i was only 2 years old

she was my sister but was adopted in 1943 she would be 5 years old but i was only 2 years old

I think the new rules apply(adoption rights )world wide only thing I'm not to sure on does it cover sisters, u have to do a little digging and don't take no for an answer

Hi There .May i ask what your Aunties name is/was as i was in there from 1948 -1955.may know her .all the best you obviously care very much for her.

I work in a Nursing Home and one of our ladies was a resident in this orphanage along with her siblings. She is a very well spoken lady and speaks very highly of her house mother. They were in the fulwood cottages, not because they were naughty but because of family problems She tells me lovely stories of her time in there, she met her husband at a dance at the city hall or somewhere like that, he was in the army. She had some more sisters in there with her but has lost contact with them. She didnt originate from Sheffield, but cant recall where she said she did come from. She probably was there around that time.

fulwood cottage homes hi i am trying to find members of my family who were in these homes in 1948.surname Tansley thankyou

good luck with your search bacardi, im sure there are a few on here that will be able to help you :)