Memories of Fulwood Cottage Homes

cottam family from fulwood cottage home Phylis & James Louis parents of family taken into care1936approx if you have any info on fullwood cottage homes between 1932 1952 please reply.My Mother was there and I want to find family

would the James Cottam you are asking about be the same James Cottam haulage contractor i was asking about in an earlier post?

fourfive - could you please tell us a bit more about the cottam haulage contractors that you remember? We're looking for a James Cottam and it would be good to rule this one out or be able to follow up...

There are 2 James Cottams we are looking for information about, father and son. The father was married to a woman called Phylis Bailey and they had a large family. The son James was born 1932. The older James was a turner (?), which is why I think it is a different person, but would be very grateful if you could tell us what you know. He was in the army before working as a turner.

Any information about the children of James and Phylis would also be very interesting - many of them were sent to Fulwood Cottage Homes in the 30s and 40s.

Also interested in hearing information about an Albert Bailey of the same family and of Phylis Bailey the mother, whose family had something to do with a quarry or with demolition?

Thanks

cottam67

• Like 1

I have information about all the above and it seems such a coincidence, is this my new cousin? or another member of my family?, I would very much appreciate a reply and I will help you in your search also.

• Like 1

KD of course it is me - you're not on that much of a roll.

Jeez, cousins are like buses, you wait for one for 46 years and then three come along at once...

:)

mrs anorak

• Like 1

Any body with info about the home between 1940 1960 my mum was there with lots of brothers and sisters but they have all lost touch but have recently found two brothers please reply if you know of any cottams in the home during that period phylis and james louis are the parents names.

• Like 1

The Central Technical used to raise money regularly in support of the Fulwood Cottage Homes.

Although the School has closed there is still an active Old boy's association.

If anyone knows the Secretary of the ssocition Im sure h will have some info on the homes.

I know its a long shot but it is a lead which may be fruitful.

Happy days!

Pop T

This is really useful thanks - it's an avenue that cottam hasn't tried yet. I know that at least one of the brothers that Cottam is looking for went to the technical college, so that's a really useful thought.

Would also be really useful to get info from anyone who was there and remembers any cottams. And if there are any sheffield cottams out there in their 50s, 60s or 70s who might have missing brothers or sisters then I know cottam would be very interested in hearing from them. Also if anyone knows of an Albert Bailey who apparently was an amateur boxer in his youth - a fairly good one - and will now be in his 70s if still alive. Would be very interested in hearing trace of him.

Thanks a bunch pop T

cottam67

Are you a genuine Cottam, Cottam? Or are you looking on someone else's behalf?

Cottam - are you one of the Cumbrian Cottam, a Sheffield Cottam or a Cottam Cottam?

I have good reason to believe he's not actually the genuine article. He's taking the name in vain. Trade descriptions might have to get involved

mrs anorak

There are enough Cottams already without someone pretending to be one.