Hop On, West 1!!

Nice building and bar but all the ales I tasted were foul. That's just my personal preference though.

I popped in this week and it was good.

Love ginger beers so might have to give that one mentioned a try :)

It was a pretty average ginger beer, just served from a very unusual glass.

Best ginger beer I've had by some distance is Marble Ginger, which you can get in the Sheffield Tap sometimes.

Nice building and bar but all the ales I tasted were foul. That's just my personal preference though.

Wow! After starting this thread, I finally visited yesterday. That place must have cost a fortune. Amazing design with terrific attention to detail. Very stylish and I`m sure that it`d be a decent spot on a big night out.

Beer-wise, I thought they were ok. Not sure that Ossett beers really suit my taste but liked a Fernandes one a lot.

It was a pretty average ginger beer, just served from a very unusual glass.

Best ginger beer I've had by some distance is Marble Ginger, which you can get in the Sheffield Tap sometimes.

I've tried marble ginger and it is lovely at the Sheaf view, they have had it on a few times :) and there was one called ginger bear which was lovely too.

When I went it was full of men drinking ale. Not a woman in sight, except behind the bar.

When I went it was full of men drinking ale. Not a woman in sight, except behind the bar.

Just what a real pub should be like!

Hop wasn't like that during Christmas party season...

Hop wasn't like that during Christmas party season...

It was actually really quiet. We went in Christmas Eve and the shut at 10 because it was dead. Hope it isn't the sign of things to come. As someone who lives in West One this is the sort of bar we need rather than a copy of Revolution.

Nobody else think it's like an 80s wine bar inside then?

Terrifically dated.

Still, can't complain at the pie & pint deal at a fiver.

It was busy Saturday night.

First time I've been in. Decent band playing. I do agree you can see the band a lot easier in West Street Live.

Definitely will go back.

Especially as its near Old Number 7 and The Bowery.

Nobody else think it's like an 80s wine bar inside then?

Terrifically dated.

Still, can't complain at the pie & pint deal at a fiver.

I`m much too young to have frequented wine bars in the 1980`s. However, aren`t the 80`s `in` at the moment!?!

I think it's pretty good, a nice addition to the area.

I know what you mean about the 'dated' look. That was probably the intention - to make it instantly feel like a warm, comfy old 'pub' rather than a cold modern 'bar'. Good idea I say. I like it and I'll be going there again. Osset beers are good too.

One bad point - some dreadful club 'turn' came on later and it was very loud so we left at that point. Not sure if this is a regular feature?