Ladies - budget skincare please - cleanser or wipes

I'm currently using La Roche posay cleanser followed by Creme de la mer. Whilst not exactly budget a tub easily lasts a year. I also use clinique's spf 40 city sun block daily.

Also I use a olive oil and water mix to remove eye makeup. Works a treat and doesn't irritate my eyes at all.

I have a big problem with wipes, and it's to do with quite how much unnecessary landfill they create. I feel the same about baby wipes too, and most of the wipes are made of a material that doesn't decompose easily.

If you use a cleanser with a muslin cloth which you then rinse and reuse (and put through the washer every few days with the rest of your washing) then you won't create anything like as much waste.

I've no doubt that wipes work although I like removing my cleanser with a cloth and then having a splash of water on my skin to remove the cleanser properly.

I find Oil Of Olay wipes the best so far, i think all wipes are overpriced anyhow no matter what brand you buy.

I use exfoliating wipes and make-up removing wipes

I never feel like wipes leave my face clean. I tend to use them occasionally whilst applying makeup to remove mistakes and clean brushes.

I am almost 60 and I think I have good skin for my age.

I don't have any set routine, or any expensive preferences. Sometimes my face is lucky if it gets a wash at night!:hihi:

I am using E45 as a moisturizer at the moment, and that is relatively cheap and it's really good stuff - use it on your all over your body too!

I do sometimes use the facial wipes, but any make will do - I usually get them from Poundland or Home Bargains!

I don't have any set routine, or any expensive preferences. Sometimes my face is lucky if it gets a wash at night!:hihi:

I am using E45 as a moisturizer at the moment, and that is relatively cheap and it's really good stuff - use it on your all over your body too!

I do sometimes use the facial wipes, but any make will do - I usually get them from Poundland or Home Bargains!

I use E45 too but on my body, I find it too heavy on my face.

Hi, I am running out of skincare, I have quite a few of the No7 vouchers that Boots are dishing out almost all the time now. I am a fan of their cleansing wipes which end up being cheap with the vouchers but then again I wonder if they are enough for my skin. I did once try the Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish that I really liked but I found the muslin cloths a faff, washing them out all the time. I do love the Liz Earle moisturiser though but its now gone up to £18 or is that not too expensive for a nice face cream, I am aware though that I can get the basic No7 one for about a fiver with one of my vouchers.

I am trying to budget but on the other hand I want to keep my skin nice, though I did go for a facial yesterday, paid for by a friend as a birthday gift, and the beautician told me I have nice skin and all I've been using are facial wipes. I am nearly 50 by the way.

Also make up - I have been using Clinique but they have discontinued a lot of their foundations and replaced them with ones with that are half the size and almost double the price.

I called into Sainsburys at Peaks today. They've got Johnson's on offer, any 2 for £4.00. I picked up a cleanser and a night cream. They've got another offer on too, can't remember the brand but it looked pretty good. Similar offer!

At our age Joan we're lucky to just wake up in a morning :)

You're never 70!!

I'm willing to bet you don't smoke :) And your mother probably had good skin.

I'm willing to bet you don't smoke :) And your mother probably had good skin.

Correct! Never smoked in my life - and my Mum used to look about 10 years younger than her real age (she never smoked either!)