Fright Night - 30/10/2011 - Sheffield City Centre - Megathread

Hi All

Having not lived in Sheffield that long, I've never been to one of the 'Fright Nights' they have up here and I was wondering whether it was worth checking out.

I love Halloween, and the girls in my office say its a good laugh, has anyone here been to previous years events? Anyone know anything more about this years event?

Jenni

You know not much people have realised the Sheffield Halloween events have become very popular throughout SouthYorkshire and infact Sheffield has some of the best places to celebrate Haloween. I read an article printed in a londonTimes last year. It says that Sheffield was voted top of the list for parties and events in the north. So there you go lass. No need to worry. Infact i will put a list together of hot spots in Sheffield and post them to yuh as soon as possible..:cool:

Kids love it. I would recommend it as it's a great experience for the youngsters.

I am a grandmother and I love it. I go every year with my husband,my brother and sister in law and we meet up with other family members including my grandaughters who are all dressed up and excited. It is a fantastic night out, even adults get dressed up and some of the costumes are amazing. There are stilt walkers, street dancers, bands, stalls selling all sorts of great things and a few fairground rides. There is a d.j roadshow in the Peace Gardens and the atmosphere is just so good. It is just a fun night out and all ages can enjoy it as my family can vouch for as we range from 4 years up to 67 years.

Fright Night is this Sunday people! I have my costume sorted! Anybody fancy meeting up for a Pint after? I'd normally end up in the Peacock in Stannington for the quiz after, but I somehow doubt Dad would approve of me going in there dressed up..

Tess, your brother might be better off with fright night's little brother (that's its name!:D) which takes place on the moor from 3pm. Just because it's dark and very busy.

New to Sheffield and the kids want to go to Fright Night! Does everyone dress up? Is it suitable for children?

New to Sheffield and the kids want to go to Fright Night! Does everyone dress up? Is it suitable for children?

Yes & yes, enjoy!!!

There's fairground rides, people dressed up, street entertainers, zombies in M&S window, usually something in the Winter Garden to make (masks etc) or collect some freebies. Can get a bit lary later on when the gangs of kids start winding each other up but never seen any serious trouble. Go, you'll enjoy it!

it will probbably kick off

Why will it? Are you planning on kicking off? Ive never seen any trouble, its a great night for the kids, go and enjoy it.