Gas Cooker Problems

Hello All

This morning, there was a fault on my boiler but I re-pressurised it and it appears to be ok.

However, this evening when I've tried to use my gas cooker, there doesn't seem to be any gas coming through.

Any gas people out there have any hints or suggestions as to what may be happening!

Thanks

I know it's the basics but they are sometimes so obvious that they are completely overlooked.

Have you run out of gas (If on pre-payment)

Have you turned the gas off at the mains.

I'm no gas safe engineer but I do know bits and bobs and can't see why a boiler would affect a gas cooker.

Hello All

This morning, there was a fault on my boiler but I re-pressurised it and it appears to be ok.

However, this evening when I've tried to use my gas cooker, there doesn't seem to be any gas coming through.

Any gas people out there have any hints or suggestions as to what may be happening!

Thanks

if your gas has been turned off at any stage then depending on the age of your cooker it may have a valve/nob that needs pressing for gas to filter through again

Were the pipe goes into the back of the cooker, there does seem to be some sort of knob, do you reckon this could be it?? Should I turn on one of the rings at the same time?

and many thanks for the replies!

Were the pipe goes into the back of the cooker, there does seem to be some sort of knob, do you reckon this could be it?? Should I turn on one of the rings at the same time?

and many thanks for the replies!

it could well be, give it a try, some are found at the back & others on the bottom at the front

id call a gas fitter as an ex gas ser engineer it could be a serious problem dont mess with it if it summat as simple as what u stated they should only charge a call out charge around 20quid but to be safe id leave well alone some cookers have a safty cut off device that they can reset for you

id call a gas fitter as an ex gas ser engineer it could be a serious problem dont mess with it if it summat as simple as what u stated they should only charge a call out charge around 20quid but to be safe id leave well alone some cookers have a safty cut off device that they can reset for you

you reckon your an ex gas engineer. i doubt it.

ok then ccn1 plus wat1 cooker fire boiler ins water heater adv plumber @ bitc gas collage in barnsley 2005_2010 cocky git

some cookers have a safty device ie if lid drops down or flame goes out will stop the flow of gas if i can remember right this is called a flame dif device i charged £20 for a call out soz for the name callin but most people on here wind me up with skity comments UTO

Hi I would not mess with it if i was you there may be a few reasons why there is no gas to your Oven, Hob or free standing cooker no of which can be found by posts on the internet call a gas safe engineer.

One thing is for sure repressurising the boiler water pressure will not afect for cooker.

some cookers have a safty device ie if lid drops down or flame goes out will stop the flow of gas if i can remember right this is called a flame dif device i charged £20 for a call out soz for the name callin but most people on here wind me up with skity comments UTO

graw i am a gas engineer. there are no reset buttons on gas cookers. your very cheap by the way.

Hi if you need some advice feel free to give me a call cheers jon.