Legality of eating dogs in the UK

I think smaller dogs would be ok as a soup, some crusty bread rolls dipped in a piping hot cup of Chi' :)

Them insect sized dogs that Paris Hilton carries around make a great substitute for Oxo cubes. Microwave for 2 minutes on full power and then just crumble them in to make delicious gravy.

It also includes all the herbivorous and omniverous creatures we eat so what's your point?

My point is- Carnivorous animals consume higher levels of cholesterol due to consuming the cholesterol of other animals, whether those animals are carnivorous, herbivorous or omnivorous.

If I asked you to place the three groups of animals in order of the levels of cholesterol they consume, 1 being the least, 2 being moderate, and 3 being the highest, what order would they be Halibut?

My point is- Carnivorous animals consume higher levels of cholesterol due to consuming the cholesterol of other animals, whether those animals are carnivorous, herbivorous or omnivorous.

And you claim that therefore the meat of carnivorous animals contains higher levels of cholesterol? Is that what you're claiming?

And you claim that therefore the meat of carnivorous animals contains higher levels of cholesterol? Is that what you're claiming?

Yes!! That's what I'm saying.

Hallelujah! we have a point that makes sense!

Seems possible I suppose. I guess there wouldn't be much info readily available about this, because studies will presumbaly have been done into the relative cholesterol levels of commonly consumed meats eg beef, lamb chicken, not cat, dog, tiger, eagle.

I prefer my wild theorising, which is a gut feeling that they will taste bad.

Don't know if this will help the debate along any but typically, red meat is one of the first things your doctor will advise you cut down if you suffer from high blood pressure or heart disease.

This is only me but I could not eat an animal that I see as an intelligent animal or a domesticated house pet, I do not see cows, pigs, chickens etc as this, they would not have any purpose living with me, carnt ever see a cow sitting in front of the fireplace...

I would not eat a dog, unless I was beginning to die of starvation.

Dogs have a special place in the history of humanity.

They evolved alongside us and have lived in our homes for thousands of years.

The dog became a hunting partner, and a defender of its masters.

No other animal does this.

The other animals have been bred by us, to be beasts of burden or specifically for food.

To me, at least, this makes dogs off the menu, in normal circumstances.

I see. The brief bit of research I did last night didn't really support that point of view, but I can't be arsed to persue it.

Just to add my 2p in, I thought that saturated fat in the diet was the major factor in high cholesterol in humans not dietary cholesterol.

There is no difference in my opinion between any animal as a food sauce although thinking about what someone said about not eating carnivorous animals, Could this mean we are not really at the very top of the food chain?

Maybe we don't actually hunt carnivores because we are programmed not to hunt animals that could kill us.

so we should eat all th estaffies, solving two problems at once.