Android updates? Not likely..

Just a quick reply.

I've used both android and iOS in both tablet and mobile format. I have at the moment iPad and iPhone , elonex epad and LG Optimus so you can say I'm impartial hardware wise.

The apple products are jailbroken and both android devices are rooted and custom firmware installed.

The android are terrible to use and a little over complicated more nerdy techno devices, Apple are more easy simple and user friendly. My 6 year old can work the iPad but struggles to use the android, kinda that easy to use.

Battery life on the apple WAY out performs the android devices, epad 2hrs, Optimus 6 hrs. The iPad is around 10hrs and the iPhone well over 24hr. This is on normal use sort of bit of call, texts and Internet and the odd game.

Yeah I had my ears chewed off about routing and customising on the android OS but is it that big of a deal to be honest ? Once you root you can install games on the flash card etc..

Nah I've used both and prefer the apple granted once jailbroken it gives more option besides free iTunes software.

No offence, but you are using the worst examples of Android.

They are slow, buggy, laggy and shouldn't have been allowed access to the source.

I've used the HTC Hero, Samsung Galaxy S, HTC Desire, Advent Vega, Acer Iconia A500.

All middle to top end devices and the experience is great. Easy to use, fast and stable.

Even complete technophobes have had no problems using them.

Comparing a £400 ipad to a £70 tablet isn't cricket.

Try comparing like for like.

Same with the phone. You've compared a £500 phone with a £100 phone.

It's the mentality of Android = Cheap that is it's downfall.

Apple stop giving you updates after a few years 3G is stuck on 4.1/2 the 3GS will get its last updates in the next six months

Apple stop giving you updates after a few years 3G is stuck on 4.1/2 the 3GS will get its last updates in the next six months

That's kind of the point - Apple supports devices for around 3 years, where as many Android devices don't ever get an update, including some that ship with an OS that is 2 major releases behind.

That's kind of the point - Apple supports devices for around 3 years, where as many Android devices don't ever get an update, including some that ship with an OS that is 2 major releases behind.

But you can flash it yourself

Like our LG Optimus , shipped with OS 2.1 and that's it, 4 months old and NO supported updates. LG said they were going to update to 2.3 in September :rolleyes:

I upgraded my Samsung from 8 gig to 16 gig yesterday.

I wandered into a shop, bought a micro SD card, copied the files from the old one and popped it in.

How do you upgrade an iphone's memory?

I upgraded my Samsung from 8 gig to 16 gig yesterday.

I wandered into a shop, bought a micro SD card, copied the files from the old one and popped it in.

How do you upgrade an iphone's memory?

But it's still a samsung :gag:

Indeed, so still superior to an iPhone and now with more memory!

Indeed, so still superior to an iPhone and now with more memory!

I won't knock iphone because of it's abilities (but I will ipad because it's crap) but I will knock it because it's rubbish value for money.

I can do things with my Samsung, I can't do with the more expensive iphone.

I seriously looked at iphone but it simply didn't stand up against the far cheaper Samsung.

I've read all the post on this thread with great interest, but I have no clue what you're all talking about!...Fascinating though!....I've got an HTC Desire, and I use it to phone people, and send text messages, and few other fiddly bits. Isn't that what phones are for?...hahaha

Why did you spend so much if you just wanted a phone that would do those things?

You could have spent far less and got one that did those things better and with a 7 day battery life instead of 1-2 day.