Sheffield is looking tired

Sheffield needs illuminous purple wheely bins, adorned with the acid house smiley face.

This will improve the aesthetic qualities of the city, and encourage happiness and recycling. We would all be richer for it!

Sheffield needs illuminous purple wheely bins, adorned with the acid house smiley face.

This will improve the aesthetic qualities of the city, and encourage happiness and recycling. We would all be richer for it!

What would we put in said illuminous purple wheely bins, sarcasm and wit no doubt!

Anyone can provied links to decent pictures of any town (even Chesterfield) but its plainly just papering over the cracks.

The center of Birmingham is much nicer than the centre of Sheffield on almost every score, except they haven't got a greenhouse.

I was in Barcelona last week ,very much like Sheffield .lol

I suppose its like comparing a rose to a turd .

The center of Birmingham is much nicer than the centre of Sheffield on almost every score, except they haven't got a greenhouse.

Have you looked at through 'Brum' tinted spectacles ?

It's a real mess!

I have no idea, if that is the case why is the place in the state it is, has the money been used for something else ???

Perhaps its all been used up in the Piece Gardens, Barkers Pool, and the Crucible area and therefore,---- Castle Gate, Fitzallen Sq,Exchange St, King St, can take a running jump as they are away from the Town Hall and councillors direct view.

There's a massive money crisis going on - in case anyone hadnt noticed...

The big plans to regenerate the middle of the city came to a cashing halt when the credit crunch kicked in & it became virtually impossible to get cheap credit - so building projects stopped pretty much dead - there's not much that can really be done until the economy picks up and there's cash available for redevelopment work...

There's a massive money crisis going on - in case anyone hadnt noticed...

The big plans to regenerate the middle of the city came to a cashing halt when the credit crunch kicked in & it became virtually impossible to get cheap credit - so building projects stopped pretty much dead - there's not much that can really be done until the economy picks up and there's cash available for redevelopment work...

This is no credit crunch, This time its a full 1930,s type crash and we ain,t seen nothing yet.

No, I don't think it has. Lots of areas have been improved. Good new buildings have gone up and others have been refurbished:

• Rail Station
  • Interchange
  • Winter Garden
  • St Paul's Development
  • Refurbishment of City Hall
  • Peace Gardens
  • Barkers Pool
  • Route from Station
  • Supertram
  • Wicker
  • West Bar
  • Fargate
  • Ponds Forge, Arena, sporting and leisure facilities in Lower Don Valley

to name but a few

I speak to people who have come to Sheffield for the first time in 25-30 years and are amazed at the changes. They think the city looks great and is unrecognisable from the way it was back in the 70's / 80's.

I often think that because change happens gradually, the people who live here forget all the good stuff which has happened. Good things are happening, but change takes time and Rome wasn't built in a day.

Good to see a list of some of the positive things i have seen change in sheff sicen i arrived here.

This is no credit crunch, This time its a full 1930,s type crash and we ain,t seen nothing yet.

well even more reason why nobody is regenerating anything just now.

We missed the boat when things could have been done ,while cities like leeds did it in time.Too much bickering in the council to get things done.Could be well beyond my lifetime before sheffield catches up with other cities.