Think my partners getting ripped off!!

Having seen the figures since I posted, (£6391 paid / £7709 full year) * 52 weeks = 43.11 weeks. This is what I estimated. Looks right to me.

Having seen the figures since I posted, (£6391 paid / £7709 full year) * 52 weeks = 43.11 weeks. This is what I estimated. Looks right to me.

so where has the other 9 weeks gone what she should get paid for ?

:confused::confused::confused:

this get better

pay slip for last month

core time 1.00 amount £4.9179 per hour. 100 hours totals £491.79 per month.

hows that work?

shouldn't it be £6.06 per hour

this get better

pay slip for last month

core time 1.00 amount £4.9179 per hour. 100 hours totals £491.79 per month.

hows that work?

shouldn't it be £6.06 per hour

Is he under 21?

It has always been the same on school meals you get paid for the hours worked plus any statutory holiday pay that increases with the number of years worked. That is then divided by 12 so that you get paid every month . I think that you are entitled to 2 weeks annual holiday after the first year but not quite sure on that.

no he's 37

Sorry, I'd read some of the later posts before the others so I thought he may be on the lower tier of NMW. The other answers are right; he's paid for the hours he works but the pay is distributed over 52 weeks instead of 39. Amongst other things, it means he doesn't get tax deducted which he would if it was paid over the 39 weeks because he'd be earning more than the tax lower earnings limit per month.

Although the hourly rate on the payslip is a confusing way of showing it, it's just a symptom of being paid the same salary every month.

52 weeks / 43.11 paid weeks = 1.206

1.206 * £4.9179 = £5.93/hr

He or she? :hihi:

Well he was she in the original post too.

What do you mean 'ripped off' do you really think he's being paid incorrectly even after a year of working there ? I don't think so somehow more likely that you are unsure as to how to work it out, just ask the payroll department yes its that easy :help: