Iphone 3gs needs unlocking

hi can anyone direct me to someone/someone that will unlock me an iphone 3gs plz

you can ask your network to unlock either for free of for a small charge. It called an official unlock that is done from their end, ie you don't need to give your phone to anyone.

done the jailbrake thing but now its frozen with some daft pineapple on the screen......forgive me im female lol....

to the best of my knowledge, unlocking your phone after jailbroken can be quite tricky, i wanted to unlock mine after i jailbroke it but due to the firmware of my "modem" on the phone it would stop all sim cards working including the one i got on the contract.

So if i asked O2 to unlock my phone they would do it for free or charge a small fee? that sounds a lot better than paying 45 sheets a month to them!! :)

So if i asked O2 to unlock my phone they would do it for free or charge a small fee?:)

Look on their web site.

took the words right out of my mouth lol

Jailbreak , open cydia ,search , ultrasn0w, install and respring

Don't bother jailbreaking it.

Ask the original carrier to assign it unlocked, which may take a day or two.

Put it into DFU/Recovery mode <

>

Plug it into Itunes and get it to install the latest OS, activate it with your sim and bob's your uncle.

£140 to unlock it.. ouch.. you need to stop spamming your site everywhere mate!!!!!!!

hi can anyone direct me to someone/someone that will unlock me an iphone 3gs plz

I would restore it back to the latest official firmware and request the provider to unlock it (O2 do it free if under contract). You will then just need to sync with iTunes for it to take affect.

However, if the phone has been jailbroken, I'm afraid I can't advise on that.

Regards,

hey people thank u all for ur help :) well im still locked to vodafone :( i ended up taking it to a guy in town the phone shop by the castle market, he told me it would be a tenner to get it unlocked :) :) great guy dead helpfull, only prob was he said there isnt an unlock for ios 5 yet. i did the open cydia, sources, ultrasnow, respring thing but it just kept saying unable to connect to cellular network so i guess he was right. hopefully there will be an unlock for it soon :) thanx again......would really reccomend the shop in town tho for phones problems, he sorts ipods out too