Loft floor boards

H there,

I am looking for cheap floor boards for my loft. Anybody knows where I can find a good deal?

Thanks

Gabry

by tongue and groove chip board around £7 for a 8ft x 2ft sheet

We used the packs of loft boards from Wickes. About £24 for 6 but it was about a year ago.

by tongue and groove chip board around £7 for a 8ft x 2ft sheet

The problem with those sheets is you cant get em through the loft hatch usually!!!

Hi,

On this topic, we have a new build three story house - the third floor is our master bedroom and the top half of it is slightly slanted walls, so I presume is in the roof.

We have a small attic that I'd like to board out, just to store stuff. The insulation is fairly thick though.

Do any builders think it'd be safe to get in the loft and board it out? There's no problem with weight I take it as its not a "proper" loft? Would it affect the insulation??

Cheers

The problem with those sheets is you cant get em through the loft hatch usually!!!

make the hatch bigger, not a big job:)

Hi,

On this topic, we have a new build three story house - the third floor is our master bedroom and the top half of it is slightly slanted walls, so I presume is in the roof.

We have a small attic that I'd like to board out, just to store stuff. The insulation is fairly thick though.

Do any builders think it'd be safe to get in the loft and board it out? There's no problem with weight I take it as its not a "proper" loft? Would it affect the insulation??

Cheers

it would be fine to lay a few boards for storage, make sure you insulate under the boards you lay:)

make the hatch bigger, not a big job:)

I agree but not everyone wants to pay :roll: