Grand Theft Auto 5 MegaThread

trailers out guys.

http://www.rockstargames.com/

at this stage there's nothing that wows me at the moment.

Ill second that. The map looks good and the trucks been able to tow trailers but that's about it. See how it looks when they bring the second/third trailer out.

yeah doesn't really give much away other than it's SF/LV. Still, pleased to see planes are back in :D

Rinse and repeat. Disappointed that we're going back to San Andreas so soon as I don't think the PS3 has the capabilities to truly allow GTA 5 to stand on it's own 2 feet compared to GTA San Andreas.

I'm sure it'll be a better game than SA but going on GTA 4, they don't have the power to make it progressive enough to feel like a totally new game. I reckon they'll be times when it feels like you've been there and done that as I felt that with GTA 4 and that was with a brand new city (the LC in GTA 3 wasn't really a version of New York, just VERY loosely based on it).

Obviously we need further info before we know how good or not this will be but my initial reaction is that it'll depend on when the game comes out as to whether I'll buy it straight away. If it's during the footy season I'll probably wait until the price comes down:)

If that happened I don't think I'd leave the house for a year, maybe even never again:D. Some people thought the map of San Andreas was too big but I'd prefer an actually fully recreated city map, it'd be brilliant. 600 square miles of London, yes please.

You'd have all the scroats and criminals buying it to work out their best escape routes. :D

The Hydra in GTA San Andreas?

Again, a number of sex toys were available in SA, along with ample hobos.

Numerous mods enable this in GTA IV

Not having a go at Saint's Row, never played it, jus' sayin' all those things have been done in GTA :P

My point was GTA IV took away a lot of the brainless mindless 'fun' aspect that the above embodies and replaced it with dates and taking your cousin bowling. I wasn't trying to state they were breathtaking new ideas, just putting fun back into sandbox games.

My point was GTA IV took away a lot of the brainless mindless 'fun' aspect that the above embodies and replaced it with dates and taking your cousin bowling. I wasn't trying to state they were breathtaking new ideas, just putting fun back into sandbox games.

But SA had that has well. Girlfriends, basketball, disco dancing, buying food, bmx tricks, going to the gym and all the rest of the bloated stuff that it didn't need.

Still it had the jet pack.

The last good gta game was gta2. These newer ones are just rubbish.

As long as dancing and all the other crap is not included, i think it looks rather cool

Here's hoping that the map will be massive too, loved it when i first played San Andreas and literally spent days exploring in the most dullest and slowest of vehicles just so i could get a proper good look around :hihi:

There is nothing wrong with including bowling, dating, etc but it was annoying constantly getting called up to do that sort of stuff. "**** off, I'm on a mission" oh dear, there goes your friendship rating, argh.

The more you can "choose" to do in a sandbox game, the better, IMO. The more you are FORCED to do, not cool.

Personally, I never liked San Andreas. Something about it wasn't as fun as Vice City to me. Although I think some of it was the travelling around such a large map which felt kinda dull due to it being written on the PS2. Those problems were largely resolved with GTA IV, so I think GTA V will be awesome.

I hope its as good as if not better than GTA:SA

The more you can "choose" to do in a sandbox game, the better, IMO. The more you are FORCED to do, not cool.

This is what will put me of, being forced to do dumb things.