Grand Theft Auto 5 MegaThread

I was going to start a thread on this, you beat me to it:). It's not a joke and a trailer is due to be released next Wednesday so hopefully we'll find out where the game is going to be set.

Interesting that the logo has a V and the word five. It could be that Rockstar are playing with people as there has been a lot of speculation that the game would be set in Vinewood (the GTA worlds Hollywood). I reckon that if the game was in fact going to be set there that we wouldn't see the V as Rockstar like to keep things under wraps for as long as possible.

i have managed to persuade rockstar to give me a link to the gameplay trailer and i have to say, i am deffo going to get it. it looks amazing.

I'd love a next gen take on GTA Vice City with a similar 80's vibe. Failing that please somewhere different like Japan or London.

i hope the story mode int as boring as the 4th. i just bought it for online.

i love setting a match up on airport with the rocket launcher.

I'd love a next gen take on GTA Vice City with a similar 80's vibe. Failing that please somewhere different like Japan or London.

Dan Houser has previously said that Rockstar probably wouldn't look to make a GTA outside of America or Britain as most of the developers were American or British. He said he thought it would be difficult for them to do justice to a GTA set somewhere else. This was a few years ago so things could have changed and it would certainly surprise people if GTA 5 is in Tokyo or Bogota. I think it'll stay in America though.

I'm hoping we'll see a brand new city or cities. There are a lot of rumours about Los Angeles but I'm not sure why they'd go back there so soon after re-creating a realistic version of LA in GTA San Andreas. They went back to Liberty City for GTA 4 but the Liberty City in GTA 3 was only very loosely based on New York whereas the LA in San Andreas was clearly meant to be LA (South Central, Santa Monica, Hollywood, East LA, etc.).

If it looks good, I'll be half tempted to buy a console again, I got bored of them and started collecting books instead.

Hopefully you can purchase maps, for Sheffield, South Yorkshire, Yorkshire etc. and eventually acquire a 3d map of the UK...

If it looks good, I'll be half tempted to buy a console again, I got bored of them and started collecting books instead.

Hopefully you can purchase maps, for Sheffield, South Yorkshire, Yorkshire etc. and eventually acquire a 3d map of the UK...

I was disappointed with the last one. It was a good game but it didn't live up to expectations IMO and the 'realistic' route spoiled it a bit for me. The whole attention to detail thing seemed like a bit of a gimmick and there weren't enough additions to what you could do in the game as the city was still basically dead until you started a mission. I'm hoping for more this time.

I was disappointed with the last one. It was a good game but it didn't live up to expectations IMO and the 'realistic' route spoiled it a bit for me. The whole attention to detail thing seemed like a bit of a gimmick and there weren't enough additions to what you could do in the game as the city was still basically dead until you started a mission. I'm hoping for more this time.

Just give me a realistic map of Sheffield, some grenades, a shotgun, ak47, mini metro and 5*s, then game on! They could even have the copper chopper and a few light aircraft at Sheffield City airport to pinch.

Just give me a realistic map of Sheffield, some grenades, a shotgun, ak47, mini metro and 5*s, then game on! They could even have the copper chopper and a few light aircraft at Sheffield City airport to pinch.

If that happened I don't think I'd leave the house for a year, maybe even never again:D. Some people thought the map of San Andreas was too big but I'd prefer an actually fully recreated city map, it'd be brilliant. 600 square miles of London, yes please.

Agree with this. I don't want to go on dates or bowling with my cousin in GTA. In terms of sheer fun and lunacy, Saints Row as a sandbox game trumps GTA. Take Saints Row 3 for example coming out in November. ......

Inclusion of Stealth Bomber with missiles to fire at pensioners?......check

Assualting homeless people with sex toys?.....check

Ability to call in Air Strikes on rival gangs?....check

The video is great

http://www.newbiesinc.com/2011/06/24/saints-row-3-crazy-gameplay-video/