Donna nook range

hi does any 1 know when the R A F do mock runs at donna nook linc what days etc?

hi does any 1 know when the R A F do mock runs at donna nook linc what days etc?

I wouldn't have thought The RAF would issue a public timetable of the mock

bombing runs.

Just to let you know, the seals will start coming to shore shortly to have their pups, we usually go every year to see them, i think its usually november time the first pups are born, so surely they will have to avoid practice bombin around this time??? hope this helps, it worth going tough to see the seals and their pups, x

Best bet would be to contact these folk at Northcoates Airfield. Technically its live from Monday to Friday.

http://www.northcoatesflyingclub.co.uk/

This airfield is right next door to the "Restricted Zone " for Donna Nook.

we went to see the seals a couple of years ago and a couple of planes were buzzing ovehead - is there anything on the website ?

I worked at the secondary school about 2 miles from the range a couple of years ago. The "bombing" takes place most days early afternoon. although as quite rightly put... around 2,000 seals and their pups take over the area for 2 months from around October. hope this helps.

Paul

i live about ten miles from donna nook at sutton on sea they dont do any real bombing at donna nook its all done electronically in the planes cockpit. thats why it doesnt bother the seals!!! the jets are the new euro fighters at the moment, they are really loud, sound more like a rocket than a jet engine, you can hear the crackle from the engines, deafening even when there at about 5000 feet, the planes run most days they fly from raf scampton, ive seen some seals already in the sea around sutton when i visit donna nook i think the best time to go is December 1st and 2nd week, visit in the week as well, there will be hardly anyone there and you can get parked.

I've got the range freqs in my scanner and rarely here them these days.