Problems with car dealer at deepcar

Has anybody else dealt with a car dealer at deepcar who operates in a furniture shop and sells his vehicles online through ebay?

i know i have and its gotta be the worst mistake ive made as 3 weeks ago i bought an 02 plate rx4 4x4 for £1350 and part exed my nissan primeria,ive found it has various problems which the dealer originally did-dent think he had to pay for but has agreed to pay up to £250 to repair the propshaft and the air con which is what it will cost at the nominated garage near where he operates many miles away from where i live, however while in repair i noticed oil outside my house and when i got it back- i knew it, a major oil leak and even though the propshaft hasent been fitted yet as it is being renewed and to be fitted tomorrow the dealer doesent think the leak is his problem and wasent on the car when he sold it me and diddent feel any of the problems should have been his responsibly however im fuming as the brickwork outside my house is stained, the dealer originally dropped the price of the deal by £150 and said it would forfeit my warranty so therefore its my problem and said he would be happy to go legal!

also i noticed the car i part ex-d was put on ebay 2 days later for £2,899 :huh:

however when i discovered the first set of faults and rung him and said asked him for it back 3 days after the sale he refused and sold it to another garage,

and thats when i demanded for it to be repaired,

would anyone who deals in cars be able to tell me if i have a leg to stand on now the first lot of repairs are being carried out in regards to the leaking oil

I know the place you're talking about, went to look at a motorbike there once. It wasn't quite as it was described in the advert, and not for the better

I wouldent have done the deal if i knew about the problems before even though by looking at it the bodywork and general look was fine and its hard to tell other things on a vehicle thats new to you (mechanical) until you've had it a week or 2 its just obvious this guy is just selling and buying vehicles without even looking at them, if i wanted this kind of response i would have bought private:(

he even swore in the name of god with a bible that he bought the car i bought off him for £1800 :confused: so obviously i got a good deal lol

I think I know who you mean as well!

How long have you had the car? If it's less than 28 days then you can try and get your money back or full repairs done because the car isn't fit for purpose.

Tell him you will go to trading standards and try and stand your ground.

Pity you didn't go to Crown cars at Stocksbridge because you would have had a proper deal from them.

I got it about 3 weeks ago and 5 days of that it has been in the garage having repairs on his behalf he just doesent think the oil leak was there before despite the fact ive only travelled about 100 miles in it?

he said the company are happy to go the legal route dispite the fact he wouldent let me speak to any of his apparent associates?

he said he wouldn't pay more to repair the car now and he doesent need to in respect of the price he sold it to me at and something to do with principles of the sale? also i failed to mention it says on the reciept (sold as unroadworthy with known faults) he said that was in respect of the very worn tyre the car had but that diident put me off at the time as he agreed to drop the price because of that too

regrettable deal and a warning to others, here is the cars he is selling http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/oceandrivesales/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=25&_trksid=p3686

here is the car i bought- http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/330610070406?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649#ht_1469wt_1270

ask him to throw the warranty package in he does and get car repaired that way

Warranty

Mechanical breakdown is available on all our vehicles, every vehicle will come with a 3 month cover at the full screen price. we have tailered warranties to for up to 2 years cover specific to the vehicle you are buying, to give you better piece of mind all our vehicles are HPI checked for outstanding finance and accident damage

Has anybody else dealt with a car dealer at deepcar who operates in a furniture shop and sells his vehicles online through ebay?

i know i have and its gotta be the worst mistake ive made as 3 weeks ago i bought an 02 plate rx4 4x4 for £1350 and part exed my nissan primeria,ive found it has various problems which the dealer originally did-dent think he had to pay for but has agreed to pay up to £250 to repair the propshaft and the air con which is what it will cost at the nominated garage near where he operates many miles away from where i live, however while in repair i noticed oil outside my house and when i got it back- i knew it, a major oil leak and even though the propshaft hasent been fitted yet as it is being renewed and to be fitted tomorrow the dealer doesent think the leak is his problem and wasent on the car when he sold it me and diddent feel any of the problems should have been his responsibly however im fuming as the brickwork outside my house is stained, the dealer originally dropped the price of the deal by £150 and said it would forfeit my warranty so therefore its my problem and said he would be happy to go legal!

also i noticed the car i part ex-d was put on ebay 2 days later for £2,899 :huh:

however when i discovered the first set of faults and rung him and said asked him for it back 3 days after the sale he refused and sold it to another garage,

and thats when i demanded for it to be repaired,

would anyone who deals in cars be able to tell me if i have a leg to stand on now the first lot of repairs are being carried out in regards to the leaking oil

Make sure you report the issue to HmRC as many ebay traders evade tax payments and undercut legitimate businesses.

I got it about 3 weeks ago and 5 days of that it has been in the garage having repairs on his behalf he just doesent think the oil leak was there before despite the fact ive only travelled about 100 miles in it?

he said the company are happy to go the legal route dispite the fact he wouldent let me speak to any of his apparent associates?

he said he wouldn't pay more to repair the car now and he doesent need to in respect of the price he sold it to me at and something to do with principles of the sale? also i failed to mention it says on the reciept (sold as unroadworthy with known faults) he said that was in respect of the very worn tyre the car had but that diident put me off at the time as he agreed to drop the price because of that too

regrettable deal and a warning to others, here is the cars he is selling http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/oceandrivesales/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=25&_trksid=p3686

here is the car i bought- http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/330610070406?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649#ht_1469wt_1270

105 bhp on a 1.8 or 1.9 litre car?

Seems awfully low for such an engine.

I had a 1.6 litre Megane Scenic, same year and same spec but mine was 115 bhp.

Regardless of whether or not you got a warranty with it, it has to be fit for purpose. If the is faulty you have statutory rights, you used to be able to ring trading standards and usually go back to the dealer armed with your rights and advice but I heard somebody say that you can't ring trading standards any more.

I've googled it and their current contact number is here: 0845 4040506

I'd give them a try

Regardless of whether or not you got a warranty with it, it has to be fit for purpose. If the is faulty you have statutory rights, you used to be able to ring trading standards and usually go back to the dealer armed with your rights and advice but I heard somebody say that you can't ring trading standards any more.

I've googled it and their current contact number is here: 0845 4040506

I'd give them a try

You can still ring them.

They were very helpful to me a few months back.

As a result of their advice i got a several thousand pound refund.

Its a 10 year old french rubblish, what did you expect? 10 year of trouble free motoring? The car was £1350, you knock him £150 for tyres then £250 for repairs, that leave him with £900 for the car, do you think it is all profit and the car was given to him for free? since when does a 10 year old car not have oil leaks or minor problems? He has given you 33% value of purchase, and you still want more? its a old banger dont expect too much or go and buy a brand new car

Are you sure you dont want your car detail and wheels reconditon as its got a few tiny marks on it?

Edited by tony2