Working at Brown Baileys

Researching family history and need general info on working at Brown Baileys - any of you 'senior surfers' like to recount, retell a few stories?

Thanx :)

my father worked at Brown Baileys, as did my late uncle and grandfather, if you need something specific I will willingly ask him for you.:)

My Dad worked at Brown Baileys. I can ask him specifics too.

Dustbunny and Shirleye

Thanks for your replies - much appreciated

Would any of your family like to be interviewed informally about their memories at BB's for a local oral history project? Alternatively, set something down in writing?

Teabag

:thumbsup::)

I will try get something down in writing, probalby be next weekend. is that alright? any particular years?

My dad was employed by Brown Bayleys for 44 years. He worked in several departments over the years. Sadly the working conditions, in those days, affected his health and he had to take early retirement.

My brother still has the clock that Brown Bayleys gave dad when he retired in the late 1970's.

That would be terrific - I have activated the sytem to enable to E mail me directly or you can post on the site - your call. Either way I would be interested in hearing an account of working there.

Thanks again

Teabag :)

my dad worked at brown baileys for over 20 years he took redundancy in summer of 1981 when he was 55 as he was having a lot of back problems. i cant ask him anything as he died in 1993 but i know he was a slinger he used to put the blocks on to the cranes for them to be lifted and the money was not that good as he used to work a 12 hour shift for most of the years he worked there. he used to work nights one week then days another. i think it was like 6 while 6 something like that.

Originally posted by Teabag

Researching family history and need general info on working at Brown Baileys - any of you 'senior surfers' like to recount, retell a few stories?

Thanx :)

Teabag , Dont know if you have enough info about BB , but my dad also worked their. I know he would be more than willing to help , he loves talking about the old days.

PM me or email if you need anything

:clap:

ayup son finally got on, kez had to do it for me. reply if you get this message.

I used to work at brown baileys but only from 1959 to 1962.

What did you do at Bayleys?:thumbsup:

Well done for posting by the way:clap:

hiya teabag

i worked in number 4 mill. rolling that is.my coddy was jack turner.foreman was len needham.i remember the personnel officer was mrs moody.our 2 main directors were mr brown and mr haigh.hope this is of help to you.