Getting back from Meadowhall at midnight?

Hi there is this still the case for people wanting to get to Meadowhall after Midnight..??

i am coming into Sheffield for a gig on Wed 19th, and need to get home early the next day, so having to get the megabus back to Newcastle at 02.00... bit poo that it looks like I am going to have to double my transport costs just to commute inside of Sheffield..!!

Michael

Hi there is this still the case for people wanting to get to Meadowhall after Midnight..??

i am coming into Sheffield for a gig on Wed 19th, and need to get home early the next day, so having to get the megabus back to Newcastle at 02.00... bit poo that it looks like I am going to have to double my transport costs just to commute inside of Sheffield..!!

Michael

Basically yes, you are talking a taxi, last tram to Meadowhall is 23:44 or last X78 bus is 23:55

Edited by Andy C

Thanks Andy...

Ok then is there anything open at Meadowhall at that sort of night (I assume the megabus termainal isnt too far away from where the shops are) late restaurant or somewhere to sit, without getting too cold etc..

More than likely tho if a taxi is needed, may well just look for a last few beers, then get to Meadowhall 20 mins before the bus takes me back to Geordieland..!!

Cheers

Michael

Thanks Andy...

Ok then is there anything open at Meadowhall at that sort of night (I assume the megabus termainal isnt too far away from where the shops are) late restaurant or somewhere to sit, without getting too cold etc..

Nope. You may as well stay in town.

Thanks Andy...

More than likely tho if a taxi is needed, may well just look for a last few beers, then get to Meadowhall 20 mins before the bus takes me back to Geordieland..!!

Cheers

Michael

The shopping centre will be shut so all you will have is the vending machines in the transport interchange.

Best bet would be to head up to Division Street in the City Centre to a late bar, you will easily get a black cab from there.

Ok..thanks for all you help and advice..

Beer and kebab it is then..!!

Pity I wasn't staying longer I would have popped into a lovely adult club I know of..hehe..!!

Michael

Any idea of what the megabus stop is like.. Os it sheltered..or just a stop..???

Might head there on last bus..and chill out... But not chill out as in freeze to death.. Ha ha

Michael

Its indoors but not sure what it will be like its like most coach placese so it will warm(ish) and dry but not much else.

Its indoors but not sure what it will be like its like most coach placese so it will warm(ish) and dry but not much else.

Not at 2am it isn't.

The doors to the interchange are locked between 12am and 5am so you will have to sit in one of the shelters which will keep you dry but there are no doors so it is outside temperature.

There is a 24/7 McDonalds at Meadowhall retail park which you could sit in, then just walk to Meadowhall when your bus is due.

If you decide to do this, check route on Google maps, get the times but it's not too far.

Edited by Super Hans

Ahh the Mcdonalds option sounds much better..

Thank you..!!

Michael

8 minutes to get from wherever you are working to the railway station is cutting it very fine