Players Bar Sheffield - Appalling Behaviour

Went into Players

Well there's your problem.

I haven't been out for a drink in town at night for years for that very reason. The last time I was in a pub at night it was around christmas time after a meal out with work colleagues and it was horrible. The bouncers were just stood there looking really mean and It just didn't put me in the mood to have a good time.

I feel really sorry for both of you. Everybody over does it sometimes and there was no reason to treat either of you like that.

I'd find out who runs the chain and write to them. It probably won't do much good but if they get enough complaints about staff from the security company, they may change their security contractors.

These folks who are employed as bouncers are not employed based for their ability to act with dignity or discretion, or for their levels of intelligence.

They are employed for their undying love of bodybuilding, food supplements, vanity and self-obsession and their insatiable appetite to turn a molehill of an incident into a mountain.

It is absolutely no fun to these guys to have a quiet word in the ear to maintain order in such establishments. That would be too discreet and boring. No, it is far better for them to set hold of people and drag them about - or if male - give them a damn good punching. Let's see what all those hours in the gym can do when turned on another human who is not looking for trouble, or expecting it, but has the misfortune to give these gorilla's half an excuse to beat someone up in the course of their duties.

I'm afraid we are talking "morons" here - and they are hard to reason with.

I also suspect you have described your friend's situation in the best possible light. Sounds like "yeah, she was well gone, puking up all over the place, but once she'd been sick she was right as rain and no bother to anyone".

I think the reality is that she behaved disgracefully and maybe one day she'll be mature enough to realise that. But that doesn't excuse the way she was handled.

She could try and complain - not sure it will do any good though. Maybe best not to get so ****** next time?

The behaviour of these "bouncers" was unacceptable. These bully boys are nothing more than paid thugs, I have yet to come accross one with a brain any larger than a peanut.

Come on, that's hardly fair - lots of them are coke-heads and drug dealers as well!:hihi:

For those of you stating it's unacceptable to throw up in a public toilet and people who do so don't deserve respect etc are talking out of your bums.

Everyone at some point has thrown up on a night out. I know I have.

But what disgusts me is that people are very quick to judge. I know the OP said her friend was drunk, but what about people that aren't?

In Players about a year ago (I haven't been back since), my friend and I experienced a similar scenario.

My friend was 8 months pregnant (which was obvious - you can't miss a huge bump on a size 8 woman), it was a friends Hen Night, so my pregnant friend - clearly not drinking (neither was I as I was driving), was sick in the loos. She had suffered sickness through out her pregnancy, but once sick, felt fine - like most people do.

Within minutes 2 Bouncers came in to the ladies loos and one grabbed her quite roughly around the arm and proceeded to 'drag' her out.

I followed suit and once outside we began to ask to the Bouncers why/what/how etc. And were met with the response 'f... off you fat s..g, shouldn't be getting p...ed when you're pregnant!!

We didn't even dignify it with a response.

Brainless morons.

Think I would have responded with 'you shouldn't man handle me when I'm pregnant' and would definately made a complaint (probably got friends inside to ask for the manager). I can understand being thrown out for being too drunk (not man handled unless refusing to leave) but they were clearly in the wrong on this occassion and should have been clear neither of you were actually drunk. Unfortunately people don't realise morning sickness can happen at anytime.

Worst thing about it, is that there actually are some women who go out and get drunk while pregnant.

Worst thing about it, is that there actually are some women who go out and get drunk while pregnant.

True.

Or stay in and get drunk while pregnant. Or continue to smoke during pregnancy.

Some people need protecting from themselves don't they?

Well there's your problem.

I agree with this. Ive not been in Players for ages. Not since my drink was spiked and i was pushed into a toilet cubicle where some creature put his hand up my skirt. I hope that place closes and never reopens:rant:.

Players "bouncers" are horrors and are well known for their heavy handedness.

My friend owns a bar near to there and up until a year ago when we were assaulted by them used to occasionaly go in, only because others we wanted to go in to meet up with friends.

After being ejected onto the pavement and being dragged out as you have said collecting a few bent fingers and kicked shins along the way the police came running across the road, three of them in their high vis jackets so we immediately complained of assault to them. Even though they had not witnessed the initial cause which was basically nothing also they replied it was reasonable force on ejection, a joke.

These bouncers are apparently from Doncaster and are not from a proffesional company such as the majority of Town door staff are, the ones run by Pele...

I doubt that they are all registered either and as others have said border agency and revenue and customs should also put some attention in their direction.

They will get their come uppance eventually as I hear they are high on the list of some of the more notorious elements of the City.

Lastly it is a fact that if there is some form of problem involving any supposed drinking you will always be on the losing end with the law or any sort of fair treatment.

Bring on the sarcastic comments some of you forum jokers....

Edited by Fantasia X
removed a name.

According to your story it does sound like they were rough with your friend, but you cannot complain about being thrown out of the bar if you're so drunk you are chucking up. x

You can't complain about being asked to leave, but you can complain about being thrown out if you hadn't been asked and refused.

Isn't the moral of the story not to visit Players? Plenty of other bars have doorman who are professional and treat you with respect.

Isn't the moral of the story not to visit Players? Plenty of other bars have doorman who are professional and treat you with respect.

I think that should be the moral of all stories, not just the ones spceifically about the establishment.

The place is a chav hole, anyone disputing that is clearly a chav who enjoys visiting holes.