Players Bar Sheffield - Appalling Behaviour

Have you been to Players? Or pretty much anywhere else in town? That's all par for the course I'm afraid.

But no, it's not necesary to stay at home with the doors locked. There a thousand other places to go without barging and shoving your way down West Street, skipping around the drunken fights, vomit and littered kebabs, at night, with a lairy hen party, stopping only to throw up in the bogs before the bouncers throw you out arse first.

The little one might as well get a taste of what's to come I suppose.

Edited by Tony

I can safely say that in all my nights out in my life, of which there are many and regular, I have never ever been punched or thrown up on. And I used to go to Niche...

Original poster seems to have left out that the woman who had managed to cover the floor of 3 cubicles with vomit and god knows what else, was asked to leave politely, she then assaulted one of the doorstaff who still has the scratch marks to prove it.

She had to be ejected yes, one doorstaff did this while the others held doors open. Nothing out of the ordinary, she was a violent customer who seemed to object to being thrown out because she was far too drunk.. thats the law im afraid.

The problem with ejecting a woman is that people think it looks bad, big strapping doorman pushing some woman out of the door, but in some cases it has to be done, women know it looks bad and do make the most of it.

I can safely say that most people, drunk or not can recognise a pregnant lady and be polite and careful on how they 'shove' past them. Meadowhall on a saturday is usually crammed. Should pregnant women not go there? I've been pushed and shoved more on a busy bus!! Some people are truly pathetic.

All pregnant woman - lock yourselves away and wrap up in cotton wool. Too many risks in the real world you know!!!

Yes, because deportation is the same as someone having too much to drink and being chucked out of a bar. :loopy:

It sounds like it was male bouncers coming into the womens toilets, and thats what concerns me the most. All they had to do was send a female bouncer in, question your friend and ask her if she was okay and then make a decision if she needed to leave or not. Id be VERY upset if I was somewhere and three men came rushing into the ladies.

No female doorstaff, so it is protocol that there MUST be at least 2 staff to witness any events.

She had to be ejected yes, one doorstaff did this while the others held doors open. Nothing out of the ordinary, she was a violent customer who seemed to object to being thrown out because she was far too drunk.. thats the law im afraid.

Actually the law says it's illegal to serve someone who is drunk...had she been drinking in Players..?

Have you been to Players? Or pretty much anywhere else in town? That's all par for the course I'm afraid.

I regularly go out in town and on West Street, although I've never had the pleasure of going into Players (it doesn't look like my kind of place).

And I can't say that I've ever been vomited on, and I haven't been punched in about a decade, and then it wasn't in a venue.

Which makes me wonder if it isn't you who doesn't go out in town... Since your perception of it is so inaccurate.

But no, it's not necesary to stay at home with the doors locked. There a thousand other places to go without barging and shoving your way down West Street, skipping around the drunken fights, vomit and littered kebabs, at night, with a lairy hen party, stopping only to throw up in the bogs before the bouncers throw you out arse first.

I'm sure there are many places, but if you're a guest you don't generally get to choose.

The little one might as well get a taste of what's to come I suppose.

A taste of... some coke/orange, a bit of jostling (maybe) and in most cases nothing else.

There's no debate about rights or wrongs if you go into early labour, or worse.

I'm a bit surprised that so many think that it's not wise, on balance, for heavily pregnant women to avoid town. Not being elbowed in the stomach or chucked onto the street by door staff seems up there with giving up fags and booze, though if we believe post #171 above the woman in question didn't seem so picky.

Actually the law says it's illegal to serve someone who is drunk...had she been drinking in Players..?

No, the OP said first place they went was in the loo.

I dont know if players care to much for the law anyway I know 16 /17 year old girls working there behind the bar in cheer leader outfits and promoting after 11pm.

Its a dive and full of scum. Which is a shame as another players franchise in Leeds isnt so bad.

No, the OP said first place they went was in the loo.

So they did...fair do's ..:)