Players Bar Sheffield - Appalling Behaviour

It sounds like the sort of horrendous place that films its customers. You could make a Data Protection Act Subject Access Request to get the footage then sue for assault.

I can guarantee that the cameras will have suffered a 'temporary fault' or been switched off or been pointing in the wrong direction at the critical time!

- as was the case when a 6'6", 15 stone goon grabbed my daughter around the throat with his steroid enhanced fist after she objected to the thuggish ejection of another customer (who she didn't know). She was dragged upstairs and roughly shoved out of the main door.

When I found out the following day I took her down to West Bar and she made a formal complaint- the Police visited the premises and discovered that the cameras had not been working at the time in question

Fat people don't have an unborn baby in their bellies which they could harm if they fell over or drank too much,

Which is why pregnant women shouldn't drink when going out, but they can go out.

Not sure if it's been mentioned yet, and to be honest I can't be bothered to read 7 pages to find out if it has, but complaints against door staff cant be made directly to the SIA here

jb

Fat people don't have an unborn baby in their bellies which they could harm if they fell over or drank too much,

Pregnant women can fall over at home though. There is only the risk of what another person might do that is different in going out, and then you'd be making women responsible for anything that is done against them if you were to blame them for that.

I've read through this thread and the comments absolutly astound me........firstly how did the bouncers know the girl was drunk? The girl could have had a reaction to something she had eaten not everyone in a bar is drinking alcohol!

Secondly even if she was drunk being sick in a toilet is not grounds for throwing someone out of a pub, as described in the op's first post they had only just walked in to players so she hadnt caused any scene other than being sick in a cublicle.

Thirdly if they felt strongly about it she should have been asked to leave, not thrown out. Bouncers are to only use force if necessary, this quite clearly was not the case.

And finally wheres the duty of care? The girl was being sick in the toilets they didnt know is she was ok, they didnt know if her drink had been spiked or it was too much alcohol. What would happen if she got outside after been thrown out and passed out??

Surely the sensiable thing would have been to sit the girl down given her some water and explain that she wouldnt be served alcohol for the rest of the evening but keep any eye on her. If she then left players and decided to drink again then at least they had helped and maybe get themseves a better reputation.

IS IT THE CASE THAT BOUNCERS CAN DO WHAT THEY WANT BECAUSE YOUR DRUNK AND THERE NOT??

IS IT THE CASE THAT BOUNCERS CAN DO WHAT THEY WANT BECAUSE YOUR DRUNK AND THERE NOT??

No, it's the case of you believing everything you read.

No, it's the case of you believing everything you read.

Not at all, you only have to go into town on a weekend and see heavy handed behaviuor by bouncers against both sexes, people starting fights in pubs and clubs yes eject them from the pub use force if NECESSARY i dont think the bouncers should have to take that sort of crap especially if theres punches flying at them.

But removing someone for being drunk, sick etc is not grounds for using force. i work in the pub industry and when we ask someone to leave yes we may get a bit of verbal abuse but 9 times out of 10 they leave no force necessary.

It can be suprising what they do when you tell them they wont be served any more alcohol.

For those of you stating it's unacceptable to throw up in a public toilet and people who do so don't deserve respect etc are talking out of your bums.

Everyone at some point has thrown up on a night out. I know I have.

But what disgusts me is that people are very quick to judge. I know the OP said her friend was drunk, but what about people that aren't?

In Players about a year ago (I haven't been back since), my friend and I experienced a similar scenario.

My friend was 8 months pregnant (which was obvious - you can't miss a huge bump on a size 8 woman), it was a friends Hen Night, so my pregnant friend - clearly not drinking (neither was I as I was driving), was sick in the loos. She had suffered sickness through out her pregnancy, but once sick, felt fine - like most people do.

Within minutes 2 Bouncers came in to the ladies loos and one grabbed her quite roughly around the arm and proceeded to 'drag' her out.

I followed suit and once outside we began to ask to the Bouncers why/what/how etc. And were met with the response 'f... off you fat s..g, shouldn't be getting p...ed when you're pregnant!!

We didn't even dignify it with a response.

Brainless morons.

Thank you for this comment!!

If your pregnant friend was not drinking she clearly wasnt being sick due to over consumption. The fact that you got called fat aswell makes it obvious that must be there favourite insult, pregnant is not fat and I am not fat so its quite hilarious really.

Not at all, you only have to go into town on a weekend and see heavy handed behaviuor by bouncers against both sexes, people starting fights in pubs and clubs yes eject them from the pub use force if NECESSARY i dont think the bouncers should have to take that sort of crap especially if theres punches flying at them.

But removing someone for being drunk, sick etc is not grounds for using force. i work in the pub industry and when we ask someone to leave yes we may get a bit of verbal abuse but 9 times out of 10 they leave no force necessary.

It can be suprising what they do when you tell them they wont be served any more alcohol.

What you are saying is true, and I know bouncers can be idiots, but your post was aimed at this specific case and it sounds like you have found the bouncers guilty on the OP's say so. I'm not saying the OP isn't correct, but I know all too well that there are always 2 sides to every story.

Either you are the forum troll and I claim my £5 or I despair at the unborn child who has the misfortune to have you as a mother.

Again, another priceless person.

I'm obviously going to be an un-fit mother as I choose to celebrate birthdays/weddings etc whilst pregnant. Joke!! And because fat people don't have a baby in their tummy they are not at risk?? Ha!! What about people with COPD? Should they stay in and not go anywhere for fear of not being able to breath? Or should people with Disabilities not go out for fear of injuring themselves? Or blind people - should they not go out because they can't see?? No!! So why should pregnant women have to stay in? Most miscarriages etc are of natural causes, not from going to a busy bar!! I suggest you get real.

Where did I mention I'd be drinking? Water and coke maybe but certainly not alcohol, even though a pregnant woman can have up to 1-2 units every couple of days - I don't as I've never been a big drinker - not since my teens anyway! :-)

Falling over? I could do that at home, whist shopping, anywhere to be frank and it can be for a number of reasons. Why should a pregnant woman stop in for fear of falling over. Pregnant bumps are more resilient than you'll ever know. And to be fair, I could walk out of work today and be hit by a bus! Or be walking home from the bus stop and attacked. Does that mean I shouldn't work? Or get the bus? I think not. So shut up and stop trolling. Women have rights too and like I said in my last post, being pregnant isn't an illness. I'm presuming you're a man?

I despair at the prospect of you ever becoming a parent with horredous views like that. Or despair further if you're already a parent. Jeez!!

Lock me away NOW!!!

Again, another priceless person.

I'm obviously going to be an un-fit mother as I choose to celebrate birthdays/weddings etc whilst pregnant. Joke!! And because fat people don't have a baby in their tummy they are not at risk?? Ha!! What about people with COPD? Should they stay in and not go anywhere for fear of not being able to breath? Or should people with Disabilities not go out for fear of injuring themselves? Or blind people - should they not go out because they can't see?? No!! So why should pregnant women have to stay in? Most miscarriages etc are of natural causes, not from going to a busy bar!! I suggest you get real.

Where did I mention I'd be drinking? Water and coke maybe but certainly not alcohol, even though a pregnant woman can have up to 1-2 units every couple of days - I don't as I've never been a big drinker - not since my teens anyway! :-)

Falling over? I could do that at home, whist shopping, anywhere to be frank and it can be for a number of reasons. Why should a pregnant woman stop in for fear of falling over. Pregnant bumps are more resilient than you'll ever know. And to be fair, I could walk out of work today and be hit by a bus! Or be walking home from the bus stop and attacked. Does that mean I shouldn't work? Or get the bus? I think not. So shut up and stop trolling. Women have rights too and like I said in my last post, being pregnant isn't an illness. I'm presuming you're a man?

I despair at the prospect of you ever becoming a parent with horredous views like that. Or despair further if you're already a parent. Jeez!!

Lock me away NOW!!!

You sound very defensive. Was your pregnancy a result of a drunken fumble in the toilets at Players?

I love how so many other stories get added into this!

Anyone who is still disbelieving of what happened thats fine everyone has their own opinions they are entitled to them. I have no reason to lie though, just wanted to let people know about what I consider to be pretty awful behaviour.

My friend did contact the police but that was pretty much pointless. A member of the Players bar staff has contacted me using this forum with a name and address to complain to, but I cant honestly see that going any further.

Thank you to everyone who has left me nice messages though and its a shame to hear about similar stories happening in Players and other bars.