Players Bar Sheffield - Appalling Behaviour

Not sure if this is the right place to just air some frustrations... Joined today after a bit of research about Players Bar in Sheffield, found there was quite a few similar complaints out there.

So... last night me and my friend are having a nice night in town, had been to quite a few bars so its safe to say we were quite merry. Went into Players, like we do most weekends, and first stop was the loo.

My friend unfortunately had drank too much and was sick in the loo. In the cubicle not all over, but she was sick. She came out of the cubicle and said she felt much better after that. She was washing her hands and we were about to leave the loos, when about three bouncers burst into the loos, picked up my friend and dragged her out of the bar. I'm not exagerating here, they literally dragged her like an animal across the floor. They then chucked her on the pavement outside. She was in tears at this point, they had hurt her and broken her bag in the process.

Although my friend was sick and maybe should have stopped drinkin sooner, thats no reason to be dragged out like an animal in front of everyone. When they came in to get her she wasnt legged out on the floor or passed out, she was fine, stood up at the sink washing her hands you couldnt even tell to look at her that she had been sick.

When I got outside I said to one of the bouncers, 'theres no need to be so rough with her', and his smug face replied something along the lines of 'you're really fat'!! I may not be the standard size 6 you apparently have to be to work there, but I am definately not fat at all!!

I think this treatment is awful and I absolutely wont be returning to Players for a while. I dont know if there is anyone I could complain to, but I know that it wont get taken seriously as we had both been drinking and also the fat comment will just be laughed at.

Anyone have any ideas?? There is an email to contact them but I know this will be pointless.

So just wanted to let everyone know what is apparently acceptable behaviour in Sheffield city centre nowadays.

Edited by Sazzybean

how did they know your friend had been sick in the toilet ?

I think one of the 'lucky lucky' ladies must have told them I have no idea how ?? (The ladies with the perfume and hairspray) I was waiting a while as she was beng sick in the cubicle and it wasnt that busy so I could hear her...

how did they know your friend had been sick in the toilet ?

I should imagine either another customer or staff member was in the loos and heard the splatter! ;)

Your friend could report the bouncers to the police for assault and see what happens. The fact that she puked in the bogs won't help her case but getting dragged out seems over the top. There should be CCTV. Without that it'll be the word of a drunk against the bouncers. She could also consider a civil case depending on property damage, injuries, etc. And she may want to stop getting rat-arsed in future.

Try contacting the owner (probably the licencee above the door). Failing that police (common assault???). Or get your mate to drink less !!!

According to your story it does sound like they were rough with your friend, but you cannot complain about being thrown out of the bar if you're so drunk you are chucking up. x

First thing to do is ring the uk border force,old lucky lucky lady in khazi could well be unlucky if she is not in possesion of relevant paperwork, remember dont get mad ,get even.

Being drunk and throwing up most definately doesnt help and I know from previously having worked in bars people throwing up isnt exactly appealing.

I just dont like it how the bouncers threw there weight around like that and then had the cheek to call me fat whats that got to do with anything!?

I have found a few other complaints on forums about the bouncers aswell, they seem to be on some sort of power trip!

First thing to do is ring the uk border force,old lucky lucky lady in khazi could well be unlucky if she is not in possesion of relevant paperwork, remember dont get mad ,get even.

hahahahahaha!!

Yes, because deportation is the same as someone having too much to drink and being chucked out of a bar. :loopy:

It sounds like it was male bouncers coming into the womens toilets, and thats what concerns me the most. All they had to do was send a female bouncer in, question your friend and ask her if she was okay and then make a decision if she needed to leave or not. Id be VERY upset if I was somewhere and three men came rushing into the ladies.