Help for Britains got talent

I've seen first hand the effect on young children when they attempt to "be a star", I've also seen the effect it has on their parents too. Non of it is good, agents vying for possession etc soon as the parents see the colour of money, all sense flies out of the window and the child's welfare is forgotten . Greed has a funny effect on people.

I just hope (and it's no skin off my nose) that if you go ahead with this, you don't pull the "my child and family have been through the mill recently" ploy in front of the judges and public at large......it's sickening and unnecessary.

I also hope that when your kid gets to an age where she is responsible for her own actions she doesn't wonder why her parents didn't let her have a childhood.

Over to you.

You've obviously got very stong views on the subject. Would you care to elaborate?

You've obviously got very stong views on the subject. Would you care to elaborate?

Without giving too much away, can we just say that "in a former life" I was in a position where I was (unfortunately) able to witness the destruction of many families who were in conflict with their children and their childrens agents. I've even seen it at amateur level with pushy parents almost making their children go on stage.

Once you sign on that dotted line, you don't own your kids anymore.

I would say, let the child grow up and have a childhood before trying to wreck it by letting her face the disappointment of not winning the show. Odds are against her and to be perfectly honest, it's not the sort of thing small children should be subjected to by their pushy, selfish, fame seeking parents.

Aye, agree with 90% of the post.

Regards

Angel.