Mortgage Broker sought/recommended MEGATHREAD

Martin Hughes at Haybrook in Hillsborough, he did a great job for us.:)

We are currently using this lady with our mortgage for our house move. She has been great - responds really quickly- always calls when she says she will - has given us pros and cons of all options and came to our house to pick up all our documents. Really recommend her.

Julie Taylor, Independent Mortgage Services Ltd,

Tel : 0114 2509100 / Fax: 0114 2580580

Mob: 07986828527

Thanks folks, much appreciated :)

If i go ahead with it i'll give feedback.

cheers

Good evening all.

I’m looking to get some mortgage advice (free of course). I’ll be a first time buyer.

I’m looking for a “whole of the market” mortgage broker.

However, I’m not necessarily in the position to follow through with the mortgage, I’m just trying to get an accurate picture of deposit require, the amount I could get, and the amount I would be paying per month.

Obviously, the more deposit you have the better the deal, but that’s a never ending story (if you’ve got 10%, maybe you should wait until you have 15% to get a better deal, if you’ve got 15% etc.....).

So, anyone know any good ones?

it was a long time ago but i went to one at winkworths i think it was, just across from the coop. i'm not sure if you'd get charge or not even if he's still there but he was very helpful when i was looking for a mortgage

If a broker arranges a mortgage for you (which is how they EARN THEIR LIVING) not giving free advise, then you will have to pay the broker fee.

It sounds like your just out to waste someones time. Nobody makes a living giving free advise to time wasters.

What you want is someone to sit down and spend hours of their time finding everything out for you and telling you whats best, then your gonna go "erm sorry I cant do it right now" and they will end up with nothing.

Edited by ryder8904

If a broker arranges a mortgage for you (which is how they EARN THEIR LIVING) not giving free advise, then you will have to pay the broker fee.

It sounds like your just out to waste someones time. Nobody makes a living giving free advise to time wasters.

What you want is someone to sit down and spend hours of their time finding everything out for you and telling you whats best, then your gonna go "erm sorry I cant do it right now" and they will end up with nothing.

Maybe... just maybe... they earn their living when someone signs up for the mortgage, such as with fees and commission. Indeed, free advice at the initial stage is very common according to various like sites such as money saving expert.

And I will only know if I’m able to take a mortgage by hearing what’s on offer... wouldn’t you think?

Thanks for your help though

you could try london and country, martin lewis always bangs on about them saying that there "whole of market" never tried the myself but the money saving experts site is a good place to start for any impartial financial advice, good luck.

you could try london and country, martin lewis always bangs on about them saying that there "whole of market" never tried the myself but the money saving experts site is a good place to start for any impartial financial advice, good luck.

thanks, never heard of them. Might give them a ring

Maybe... just maybe... they earn their living when someone signs up for the mortgage, such as with fees and commission. Indeed, free advice at the initial stage is very common according to various like sites such as money saving expert.

And I will only know if I’m able to take a mortgage by hearing what’s on offer... wouldn’t you think?

yeah, im sure theyll get paid either way so who gives a toss tbh.

---------- Post added 16-02-2013 at 18:16 ----------

thanks, never heard of them. Might give them a ring

go on the mortgage section of the money saving site and it will link you to it pal, he only has good things to say about them.

Its my understanding that advise is "free" initially, but unless your looking to actually take our a mortgage through the broker you use then your just purposely wasting someones time for your own benefit.

What is available to you will largely depend on the property your looking to buy, its not always a simple case of financial numbers. So you wont get proper advise until you know what you want to buy, but I am sure theres a broker out there who can tell you common rates and deposit requirements. Just understand its not black and white. Your job, how long you have been in your job etc... will all be factors that need to be considered.

Its my understanding that advise is "free" initially, but unless your looking to actually take our a mortgage through the broker you use then your just purposely wasting someones time for your own benefit.

What is available to you will largely depend on the property your looking to buy, its not always a simple case of financial numbers. So you wont get proper advise until you know what you want to buy, but I am sure theres a broker out there who can tell you common rates and deposit requirements. Just understand its not black and white. Your job, how long you have been in your job etc... will all be factors that need to be considered.

and thats my point. You cant get a picture by putting your annual income to these free sites on the tinterweb, they come back with vastly different amounts. I know what, where, the value (approx), how much per month, and I have a small deposit. Its a case of whether I carry on saving to build said desposit for x amount of time... and i'll only find the answer if I know how much i could borrow, the repayments etc etc

(unless i get six numbers tonight though :hihi:)