Mortgage Broker sought/recommended MEGATHREAD

Can anyone recommend a good mortgage broker for us? We are buying a house and I'm on maternity leave at the moment so we thought it might be better to go through a broker to fight our corner. Ideally no-fee and local, able to visit our house to avoid having to take our new baby along.

Thanks

It's either an upfront fee or they'll steer you towards the mortgage that makes them the most commission. I suggest you look on moneysupermarket for the best deal for your circumstances and get on the phone.

Any no-fee mortgage broker is not independent because if they don't charge a fee then they have to be paid for their services somehow and that's normally by commission from the lenders.

The basic rule is, if you want them to be unbiased then you pay them for their services, if you don't want to pay them then you have to understand that they may push you to a product that's not the best for you but which gives them the best commission.

The same applies to financial advisers.

We have a good idea of the best rates we can expect, so if we're pushed towards a worse rate we can always say no. At least on a commission basis they will do everything to get the application accepted? Normally we do it ourselves but being on maternity leave it could be trickier this time.

We used Paul Wilby of Don Valley Financial Services based in Doncaster. He happily came out to our house in Sheffield. He spent loads of time discussing things with us and was very helpful. He doesn't charge a fee and seemed very unbiased to us - can offer you loads of different choices. Can PM you his details if you like :)

We used Paul Wilby of Don Valley Financial Services based in Doncaster. He happily came out to our house in Sheffield. He spent loads of time discussing things with us and was very helpful. He doesn't charge a fee and seemed very unbiased to us - can offer you loads of different choices. Can PM you his details if you like :)

Why does he do it then? Just out of enjoyment. He does charge a fee, he just gets it from the mortgage provider.

Hi, I've just used a mortgage broker as my current deal came to an end. He doesn't charge a fee, he gets commission from the mortgage company. The rate he got me was lower than anything i'd seen, and believe me I spent hours trawling through the internet.

It was also completely fee free, and in another 2 years no doubt he'll get me another good deal.

I used this company when I moved house, and so have my parents, and can highly recommend him.

Can PM details if u wish.

Hi, yes please feel free to PM me any details of recommended brokers. I'm surprised brokers themselves haven't bombarded me, must be the maternity leave issue :)

depending who you bank with and what sort of account you have you may get the best deal from your own bank

if you're advisor is tied in toa particular brand then they have to tell you and they also have to write you a letter of suitablility as to why there propose a certain product is the one they reccomend for you, this is the law, i used to work in the industry and have my morg adv exams.

it is up to the ifa (indepentant financial advisor) if they wish to waive your fee but if they are tied and cannot offer you whole of market chice they must inform you.

as for good deals tied to base rate or tracker ones can give you security but do not always offer the best depending on your deposit etc so make sure you way up ALL your options both sort and medium term

Hi whoever posted details about graeme pringle please can you send me the contact details?

Thanks

Hi I am also seeking a mortgage broker

Please can you send me the details of this company?

Thanks