Occupy sheffield

I do so hope a few of these unwashed,trouble causing idiots end up occupying the underside of a policeman's boot.

What aggravation and disruption was that then. Trying to save the economy from collapsing perhaps?

how are they saving the economy from collapsing?

Errm by not doing a Greece.

Cutting the national debt, reduce the amount of national spending on nothing more than interest payments, fighting to keep our national credit rating so that investors and funders dont start deserting us....

Or refuse to make changes and we could just carry on as we were spend spend spend, keeping the quangos, unused community groups, useless organisations that were created with names like the protection of homosexual asylum seeker goldfish and their thousands of civil servant non jobs....

Hmmmm I wonder what would have happened to us if we did that.

Oh yeah, back to Greece again.

Errm by not doing a Greece.

Cutting the national debt, reduce the amount of national spending on nothing more than interest payments, fighting to keep our national credit rating so that investors and funders dont start deserting us....

Or refuse to make changes and we could just carry on as we were spend spend spend, keeping the quangos, unused community groups, useless organisations that were created with names like the protection of homosexual asylum seeker goldfish and their thousands of civil servant non jobs....

Hmmmm I wonder what would have happened to us if we did that.

Oh yeah, back to Greece again.

are the "occupy" protesters doing all that?

There is only one real problem with having protests in Sheffield against the bankers and the is the fact that Sheff doesn't really have a financial district!:hihi:

There is only one real problem with having protests in Sheffield against the bankers and the is the fact that Sheff doesn't really have a financial district!:hihi:

Maybe they will occupy the area where all the financiers and capitalists work. Oh hang on, there aren't any.

Occupy Sheffield planning meeting

Time

26 October · 19:00 - 22:00

upstairs of Wetherspoons opposite John Lewis

The Benjamin Huntsman, Wetherspoons 12 Cambridge Street,

Sheffield

Created by:

Andy Cropper

More info

This is a planning meeting for Occupy Sheffield where anyone interested in organising and supporting the event can come and meet, chat and work out the 'what', 'where' and 'how ' of an Occupation in Sheffield

things to think on before coming

What can you offer?

Where do you think we should 'occupy'?

What do we need to consider before and during our occupation?

How else can you help?

plus do take time to think of any other questions that you think may be applicable

link for google map directions-

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=wetherspoons&fb=1&gl=uk&hq=wetherspoons&hnear=0x48790aa9fae8be15%3A0x3e2827f5af06b078%2CSheffield&ei=S2mgTqeOL5Ou8QOy0cjbBQ&sa=X&oi=local_group&ct=image&ved=0CAUQtgM&iwloc=cids%3A9766640228981524059

the twits that are "occupying" st pauls in london must be making the capitalists **** themselves with laughing as this event is having zero impact on the capitalists but is costing st pauls 16 grand per day, and local family run businesses a fortune in lost income.

of course this is what these parasitic twits intended - disrupt the income of those at the bottom in the hope that it will liquidate the assets of those at the top....it wont.... no more than pouring a fortune on those at the top in the hope that some of it will reach the bottom...it doesnt.

the benefits of this rent-a-mob should be seized and used to compensate those affected.

i hope we have a severe winter - and soon. that should thin them out a bit.

the pop-up tent sellers must be very happy with their profits and free global advertising everytime the st pauls campsite is on the news. wonder if the council has put aside 20 million quid to get them all shifted?

best way to change things is to stop giving your money to the capitalists...organise your own co-operatives, recycling projects, fair trade exchanges, energy projects...the list goes on...

perhaps those who agree with me should attend this meeting in force and stop these silly occupy sheffield plans from getting off the ground.

merry christmas everyone!

Edited by muckymurphy
add

I've not been able to get to the London Occupy but my impression is that it's an opportunity for those of us who are frustrated at the lack of opportunity to affect change can actually get together with others to work out what we can do about it.

The old system just isn't working and seems to have had its day. We need to find new ways of living, new ways of working things out between us: identifying what's important to us. The whole process needs a radical shake-up and unless we get together to discuss and learn together there's little chance of seeing a fairer and more caring society. We need to create spaces for informed argument about economics and social policy: we don't get it via the media or the Commons (which ought to be a centre for all argument but often seems more like a circus - and a distraction).

Occupy Sheffield needs to be somewhere where passers-by can feel included as well as those able to spend more time. Please don't rubbish this proposal before it's even been discussed locally.

I've not been able to get to the London Occupy but my impression is that it's an opportunity for those of us who are frustrated at the lack of opportunity to affect change can actually get together with others to work out what we can do about it.

The old system just isn't working and seems to have had its day. We need to find new ways of living, new ways of working things out between us: identifying what's important to us. The whole process needs a radical shake-up and unless we get together to discuss and learn together there's little chance of seeing a fairer and more caring society. We need to create spaces for informed argument about economics and social policy: we don't get it via the media or the Commons (which ought to be a centre for all argument but often seems more like a circus - and a distraction).

Occupy Sheffield needs to be somewhere where passers-by can feel included as well as those able to spend more time. Please don't rubbish this proposal before it's even been discussed locally.

wetherspoons and john lewis were mentioned in the original post on this subject.

are these not listed on the FTSE 100 and therefore capitalist institutions?

why not hold the meeting at a micro brewery and support their business?

consumption of alcohol seldom produces intelligent decisions so how about a community centre which could make good use of the room rent?

or better still hire a church hall to hold the meeting? may i suggest er......st pauls?

the london protesters would gain a huge amount of support for their cause if the gave their tents, sleeping bags and supplies to the homeless people of london or at least shared them with the homeless whilst they were at st

pauls?

the commons vote on an EU referendum is a step in the right direction. lets hope that whoever wins the 2012 general election gets us out of the EU.

i would still consider voting for UKIP as they have lots of other good ideas.

occupy sheffield will not get off the ground for the same reason as the riots never came to sheffield. the decent people of this city have better things to do, like working ourselves out of this mess for starters.

now if you dont mind... i have things to do.....

I would also like to know why this supposed protest group has chosen to hold their "planning meeting" in the huge corportate conglomorate funded by shareholders and city boys known as Wetherspoons..

Cheap booze is the simple answer.

The minor fact the cretins are assisting a PLC with several hundreds of millions pounds in profits every year is a minor issue.

It does however say a lot about the idiots in question.

Not sure how many people the room holds but you could probably occupy the pub for weeks with them. (as long as they could pop out to sign on for their beer money.)

get stuck in dabuckle -we occupied firth hall in november 1979 against increased fees for overseas students, met most of the lasting friends I still have and smelt the intoxicating scent of direct action - the UNISON strike is looming, people are angry and alienated and it's time for doing rather than discussing - the camp outside st paul's is a starter, the C of E showing its colours as the front for the elite and their corporate backers - interesting times - see you at the meeting.

Cheap booze is the simple answer.

The minor fact the cretins are assisting a PLC with several hundreds of millions pounds in profits every year is a minor issue.

It does however say a lot about the idiots in question.

Not sure how many people the room holds but you could probably occupy the pub for weeks with them. (as long as they could pop out to sign on for their beer money.)

:D:D:D:hihi::hihi: