Should Liam Fox be interviewed by detectives?

Should Liam Fox be investigated by detectives?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Should Liam Fox be investigated by detectives?

• Yes. Fox knowingly breeched national security and must explain exactly what went on.
    • No. Let him volunteer information if he wants.

Rubbish Phil, I'm all in favour of bringing back foxhunting for this type of vulpine scavenger!

'fox hunting' tee hee - wish I'd thought of that - excellent

Yep what a bunch! They're lucky that the news is coming so thick and fast at the moment, a couple of months ago the riots displaced the News International phone hacking scandal from the front pages.

I suppose their luck will run out eventually!

Aye what a bunch, tha were a bit quiet when Margaret Moran was up in court not so long back though eh kid ?

Politicians of all persuasions are crooked, yet some 'blind' fools choose to ignore them when it suits :D

Politicians of all persuasions are crooked, yet some 'blind' fools choose to ignore them when it suits :D

That may be. Moran's behaviour while despicable did not have national security implications.

To quote a saying from Hillary Deville from the Dragons Den "it makes me left foot itch" has hit a nerve with me. Here we have a self appointed person (Werrity) who is not employed by the government or the MOD (and not even security cleared so national security could be at risk) and is handing out business cards to all and sundry. God only knows what he has brokered for himself with business meetings and the like and you can bet your last pound he hasnt paid for the trips abroad. Do politicians represent the people or are they in it for themselves and close friends, i suspect the latter.

more to the point big sigh, 'mr' werritty was running a neo con 'charity' (atlantic bridge) from foxy's commons office, thereby channelling dodgy right wing money into their coffers WITHOUT DECLARING IT. the charity commission subsequently removed charity status from atlantic bridge.

also, werritty was representing private health interests that foxy had invested in from his own office WITHOUT DECLARING IT.

also, werritty was conducting private business deals during foxy's official visits WITHOUT PERMISSION OR SECURITY CLEARANCE they then denied werritty's presence until video of it appeared - oops!

- the implication/allegation was that werritty and foxy were 'partners' in both senses of the word and sly old fox was corruptly lining his pockets by abusing high office.

naughty fox, bad fox - on yer bike yer tory get.

I think if it drags on for a few more days he'll be on his way out. He tried to give an explanation, but then his answers are contradicted by other evidence. It all looks a bit shady and I can't see Cameron and co wanting to put up with the negative press attention for much longer.

That may be. Moran's behaviour while despicable did not have national security implications.

That may be indeed, it was a something I was directing exclusively to Wednesday1 who blindly and obsessively posts about the Conservatives on here :thumbsup:

well, in fairness, they couldn't say 'toyboy' could they - (it's hard not to sound homophobic at a time like this), but if he turned up at pride in a leather jockstrap and a builder's helmet, I'd have a bit of respect for him (though not much, he's a tory) but if (allegedly), he's another closet gay lying, cheating and sneaking about in the corridors of power giving favours and taking secret backhanders then bring it on. people like him are particularly dangerous in the MOD - they start wars to prove how macho they really are.

bugger off fox (literally)

Ouch, sounds painful. :P

They're lucky that the news is coming so thick and fast at the moment, a couple of months ago the riots displaced the News International phone hacking scandal from the front pages.

Doesn't the NI scandal date back to events that took place when Labour was in government, when Blair became godfather to Murdoch's child? Just pointing that out in case wednesday1 convinced anyone there's much of a difference between Labour and Tory, as much as he'd like to think there is.

Doesn't the NI scandal date back to events that took place when Labour was in government, when Blair became godfather to Murdoch's child? Just pointing that out in case wednesday1 convinced anyone there's much of a difference between Labour and Tory, as much as he'd like to think there is.

my bold

Exactly, one could argue that certain things don't come as surprise from a Tory, but when Labour politicians are found to be on the fiddle or involved in scandal, it offends me more as a working class person !

my bold

Exactly, one could argue that certain things don't come as surprise from a Tory, but when Labour politicians are found to be on the fiddle or involved in scandal, it offends me more as a working class person !

You have made your point about partisanship in politics but with all due respect this is on another level to an MP fiddling expenses.

It'll probably turn out to be another example of senior Tories bringing non-elected people into the heart of government who were never properly cleared to be there. Seems to be a developing theme.

Back on topic and without bickering please.