Should Liam Fox be interviewed by detectives?

Should Liam Fox be investigated by detectives?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Should Liam Fox be investigated by detectives?

• Yes. Fox knowingly breeched national security and must explain exactly what went on.
    • No. Let him volunteer information if he wants.

Another one bites the dust.

"Liam Fox quits as defence secretary"

and I lost a tenner with Ladbrokes on which minister was next to go. I had one of the others.

which one?

nice to see ollie letwin making a **** of himself as well - write to your MP with a personal problem, he'll chuck the letter in bin where any passers by can have a read - he says that none of the letters were 'classified', just the detailed personal information of ordinary people believing they were writing in confidence, now read by mirror journalists and god knows who else.

It sums up the Tories, we are scum to them - write to your Tory MP, he'll stick the letter in a bin as he passes - he can't urinate on you personally, but he'll do his best.

Edited by esme
quote tags

Have you ever thought that it might not be anyone else's business? :roll:

It is if he uses his position to further his "friend's" business contacts. It could be his mother or any other relative but why not just be honest about your relationships. We live in 2011 for God's sakes, noboby bothers if he's gay but we do bother if he's as corrupt as banker in a recession.

Liam Fox is toast. Oh no what a shame.

Yep, done, gone, buggered, departed, lost........all because the Minister wanted his friend to accompany him all over the world. And live in his house. And be a director of his "charity".

Yep, done, gone, buggered, departed, lost........all because the Minister wanted his friend to accompany him all over the world. And live in his house. And be a director of his "charity".

'buggered'? - well he has to find summat else to fill his time now.

which one?

Cameron. He was 8/1 favourite at the time, right in the middle of the inital Coulson hassle.

Coulson has not gone away. He's bailed until late October then it'll all blow up all over again. Maybe I missed winning my bet by a few weeks.

Edited by esme
quote tags

Cameron. He was 8/1 favourite at the time, right in the middle of the inital Coulson hassle.

Coulson has not gone away. He's bailed until late October then it'll all blow up all over again. Maybe I missed winning my bet by a few weeks.

excellent! what a lovely thought, cameron humiliated and having to resign (and taking a revolver to his temple) - ain't gonna happen, but worth a punt at the bookies (like ireland winning the world cup - still got the £2 slip)

who next ?

Edited by esme
quote tags

excellent! what a lovely thought, cameron humiliated and having to resign (and taking a revolver to his temple) - ain't gonna happen, but worth a punt at the bookies (like ireland winning the world cup - still got the £2 slip)

who next ?

I don't know. I only did it because of a cashback offer on Quidco. I put the other money on Rangers in the SPL and won on that one. Now my Cameron bet is settled I'll get my cashback. £15 up overall so it cost me nowt.

Think I'll look around for some other cashback offers and bet on Mr C. You never know. 20/1 to go before end of 2011. Might go a fiver on that one.

Edited by esme
quote tags

When you look at it, what he's actually done wrong doesn't really amount to much, in fact, all the so called "sleaze" during the Major government pale's into insignificance compared to the real wrongdoings that came after with New Labour by the likes of of Mandelson, Robinson, Irvine, Vaz, Byers, Jo Moore, Milburn, Hughes, Paul Corrigan, and Tony Blair.

When you look at it, what he's actually done wrong doesn't really amount to much, in fact, all the so called "sleaze" during the Major government pale's into insignificance compared to the real wrongdoings that came after with New Labour by the likes of of Mandelson, Robinson, Irvine, Vaz, Byers, Jo Moore, Milburn, Hughes, Paul Corrigan, and Tony Blair.

It might turn out that way. He's been badly advised to try and hang on. He should have stepped back from it to clear his name. As it is he's damaged himself.

Guest sibon

He's done loads wrong.

He joined the Tories for a start.

Then he compromised national security taking his Tory mate with him on business trips.

Anyone who makes such poor decisions shouldn't be in charge of a corner shop, far less the defence of the realm.

We don't know what he has done wrong. Because he hasn't told us. But no-one else in public life would be able to take their special friend with them to work, traveling across the globe, introducing him to world leaders, setting up charities for him to work in, paying him £90,000 for heading up that charity, from his parliamentary office....etc.etc..etc

If Fox was a teacher who took a best mate to work all the time and included him in meetings you'd think it was odd.

He is (was) the bloody defence secretary, he shouldn't be using is position to help his chum. I'd have thought he should be concentrating on not getting British soldiers killed rather than organising junkets for Werrity.

He's done loads wrong.

He joined the Tories for a start.

Then he compromised national security taking his Tory mate with him on business trips.

Anyone who makes such poor decisions shouldn't be in charge of a corner shop, far less the defence of the realm.

Anyone mentioned his right-wing links to Israeli extremists :

Tycoons who funded Fox's friend: Right-wing donors paid the bills for pair's globetrotting

A millionaire with close links to Israel is at the heart of a network of right-wing donors who funded globetrotting by Liam Fox and Adam Werritty.

Michael Lewis donated to Dr Fox’s 2005 campaign for the Tory leadership and paid for Mr Werritty to attend at least one conference in the Middle East.

Insiders say a web of half a dozen wealthy donors funded Mr Werritty’s luxury lifestyle as an informal adviser to the Defence Secretary.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2048421/Liam-Fox-Adam-Werritty-Michael-Hintze-tycoons-funded-globetrotting.html#ixzz1am7mi1EJ