Dog attack s5 :-(

just witnessed an awful attack on a black and white dog by a staffi type dog on southey crescent :( lady was walking her dog with her child not sure how old when staffi came out of nowhere and locked on to her dogs neck and ear :cry: i ran down shirecliffe road and manged to stop a man in car to help i felt so useless. managed to get dog off and a lady got a lead on to it and held it on floor.

If anyone knows how the black and white dog is i would really like to know the poor lady was in a right state and i know she was taking it to abbey vets on halifax rd i'm still in shock it was a frightening sight .

i have a small yorkie and what this poor dog, lady and child went through is horrendous my thoughts are with her and i would really like to know how they are all

southey crescent and shirecliffe rd arent that near are they ?

i was at bottom near roundabout with garage on left and tesco,shops on right is it moonshine lane the road leading up opposite

yh . only asking as i live on shirecliffe rd and i have a staffy(friendly) and if theres one loose then i wont take him out .

southey crescent and shirecliffe rd arent that near are they ?

I hope that the dog, child and lady in question are all okay, what an awful sight for the poor child to witness.

What has this got to do with an attack on the dog?

I hope that the dog, child and lady in question are all okay, what an awful sight for the poor child to witness.

it has to do with the attack as i live very near shirecliffe not southey and also have a dog ?

i have a yorkie and i am now petrified of taking her out i think ALL dogs no matter what breed should be kept on leads in public areas

Edited by sh1276

oh god yh . my staff is big built but hes my baby and if anything got hold of him i would be horified.

Hope this doesn't turn into another staffy bashing thread by the usual haters that have never spent any time around the breed - but I bet it does :(

i hope not

Edited by sh1276

You beat me to the message.

Its the owner not the dog who should get locked up, I own two dogs one is a Girl Staffie who loves people but would rather cross the road than pass another dog.

The other is a whippet and is mad as a hatter and stays on the lead when walked.

Sad story hope the woofer who was attacked is ok.

What happened to the attacking dog? I work in that area, any chance of a description of it I may have seen it previously and know where it belongs