Networking Meeting - looking for more Business

Do these groups welcome people in the Entertainment Industry? I'm an Equity Registered Cabaret Performer looking for work at present and groups like BNI would be great if you can meet potential customers, both for venue/corporate and casual bookings.

There are loads of magicians that go along

Has anyone tried 4networking? I was wondering if it's worth going? Thanks in advance.

Steve,

From people I know who use BNI, they prefer the early morning. Holding a meeting at lunchtime is very disruptive to most trades...they are busy working at that time of day (and are likely to be covered in s**t too :hihi:).

Give some thought to relaunching but do early morning (7am to 9am) so people don't waste their 'earning time'. Those that make the effort to get up early are those who are keen to get more business (and help others get more too); so your survival/success chances will be greatly improved.

I think all the other local BNIs are morning based as a lot of other network meetings, I could probably go to a different one every day of the week if I wanted. But I don't as I have you kids and drop one off everyday at school so I cannot attend any so would prefer a daytime meeting. There cannot only be me in this situation.

I think one of the problems that the BNI group faced was the cost with so many free network meetings about these days.

I think all the other local BNIs are morning based as a lot of other network meetings, I could probably go to a different one every day of the week if I wanted. But I don't as I have you kids and drop one off everyday at school so I cannot attend any so would prefer a daytime meeting. There cannot only be me in this situation.

I think one of the problems that the BNI group faced was the cost with so many free network meetings about these days.

There are a few that do lunchtime meetings including The Firm in Sheffield, think its at Barretts Bistro, although I may be wrong. Costwise depends between £10 and £20, depending on the Venue.

Has anyone tried 4networking? I was wondering if it's worth going? Thanks in advance.

Yes! Our next meeting is at The Quadrant on Wed 14 Dec last one this year, £10 for breakfast and bring business cards for 1-2-1 meetings.

I joined in Aug and was offered the Marketing role in September and its def working for me, met loads of fab people and had some work out of it too.

If you want to come along send me your email address and I will send you some info.

Thanks

Yup i would be interested too for the next meeting

jc

BNI isn't networking in the same way as other networking clubs. It's primarily referrals, which is why it is different.

So far I have had 4 referrals since my official starting day of 18/11/11. Two orders for £400 each and one for £100 due to be confirmed this week with a follow order of around £2.5k-£3k in January, and the other referral will be an order for £400 in late Dec or Jan.

So £800 in orders from a £700 investment (if you include the £34 monthly attendance cost) within 2 weeks of joining isn't a bad start.

It really cannot be compared to 4N and other netwokring groups wher you just turn up and exchange pitches and business banter simply because the structure and requirements of your membership are so different. I am still a member of those types of networking groups, but they don't cost as much but of course the returns are equally not as much.

BNI isn't networking in the same way as other networking clubs. It's primarily referrals, which is why it is different.

So far I have had 4 referrals since my official starting day of 18/11/11. Two orders for £400 each and one for £100 due to be confirmed this week with a follow order of around £2.5k-£3k in January, and the other referral will be an order for £400 in late Dec or Jan.

So £800 in orders from a £700 investment (if you include the £34 monthly attendance cost) within 2 weeks of joining isn't a bad start.

It really cannot be compared to 4N and other netwokring groups wher you just turn up and exchange pitches and business banter simply because the structure and requirements of your membership are so different. I am still a member of those types of networking groups, but they don't cost as much but of course the returns are equally not as much.

Sandra, before I forget, we are launching Doncaster in January :)

You dont just turn up to a 4N meeting! you have to book! and all my clients are from 4N. BNI doesnt work for everyone, i have been invited along but have declined because i dont like the structure very strict referral system.