Networking Meeting - looking for more Business

Good morning all,

Just a reminder for all you young people out there about a new Friday lunch networking Group,The group is in its intro meeting stage recruiting one business type only per business category. So if you are in a position to take on more business then this is a place for you. Please get in touch with myself for more details.

ps - afraid that the most popular categorys - Accountants/Financial Advisor/Marketing/Utilities have been filled. But there are plenty more spaces available

Regards

Steve

Good morning all,

Just a reminder for all you young people out there about a new Friday lunch networking Group,The group is in its intro meeting stage recruiting one business type only per business category. So if you are in a position to take on more business then this is a place for you. Please get in touch with myself for more details.

ps - afraid that the most popular categorys - Accountants/Financial Advisor/Marketing/Utilities have been filled. But there are plenty more spaces available

Regards

Steve

Do you have a merchant services category? Or would you like to make one? :)

is it a bni chapter or just an independant group?

yes it is a Bni group(still in a pregroup stage), Whether you view/heard them as good or bad, i would say if you have never been to one then its def worth the initial visit to see how their format is set out, it works for some and not for others, I have joined this group due to the commitment thats expected from everybody(upto now their is a good core of people who have joined),which in time will help my business grow, where as an independant group, the commitment level is not as structured,you get identical business types in the same room, so most of the time its just a polite chat and breakfast. You should ignore the fact that its under the bni name, and realise that its exactly the same type of group as any other, except that the people turn up every week, you will not get any of your competitors around the same table and everybody is as commited as you are.

snoopjiggy - meetings are every Friday Lunch between 1-2.30pm cost £10 for room/food (arrive about 12.45 for some snap). I have met your missis at the trade-unite meets.its def worth the visit, you still will meet some contacts/Prospects at the meeting even if you decide it aint for you. if you are interested pm me or give us a ring as numbers below

regards

Steve

Does this networking event still happen on a regular basis? i am looking at attending more Networking events and growing the business.

They are great for making new connections... I am looking for a Printing company too. I need some Business Cards Printing.

I joined a BNI chapter in Doncaster this week when I heard a vacancy came up for a web designer. £654 incl vat plus £10 a week for the breakfast/room hire contribution. I will let you know how it goes for people curious about if it's worth it or not.

Andy, im afraid the Friday Lunch Bni meeting has now come to an end. reason being is that they could not get enough people to join up to launch the group. There are plenty of networking events out there to choose from, But if you go to too many it could have more of a negative effect than positive, i attend Trades-unite which is held every two weeks at whitley hall, no commitment fee, cost ten pounds for breakfast, dont think there is a web designer,pm me if you are interested in attending. also the bni set up is a good one, apart from the cost,and if you have the time and commitment it should be worth it, might be worth checking there website (http://www.bni.eu) click the uk link, then you can see all the meetings in the country with who, and what business type attends the meetings. you may find an opening for your business type.

regards

Steve

Do you have owt to do company that will help my cctv company ?

Andy, im afraid the Friday Lunch Bni meeting has now come to an end. reason being is that they could not get enough people to join up to launch the group. There are plenty of networking events out there to choose from, But if you go to too many it could have more of a negative effect than positive, i attend Trades-unite which is held every two weeks at whitley hall, no commitment fee, cost ten pounds for breakfast, dont think there is a web designer,pm me if you are interested in attending. also the bni set up is a good one, apart from the cost,and if you have the time and commitment it should be worth it, might be worth checking there website (http://www.bni.eu) click the uk link, then you can see all the meetings in the country with who, and what business type attends the meetings. you may find an opening for your business type.

regards

Steve

Steve,

From people I know who use BNI, they prefer the early morning. Holding a meeting at lunchtime is very disruptive to most trades...they are busy working at that time of day (and are likely to be covered in s**t too :hihi:).

Give some thought to relaunching but do early morning (7am to 9am) so people don't waste their 'earning time'. Those that make the effort to get up early are those who are keen to get more business (and help others get more too); so your survival/success chances will be greatly improved.

Do these groups welcome people in the Entertainment Industry? I'm an Equity Registered Cabaret Performer looking for work at present and groups like BNI would be great if you can meet potential customers, both for venue/corporate and casual bookings.