Do you use a prime lens?

I still stick bit of paper and hankies over flash sources and a friend just bought a battery pack for his flashes that you carry over your shoulder and I have an exposure meter in my kit.

I bought an adaptor to use my old manual everything Olympus OM lens on my Canon. And I can usually guess the exposure when outside pretty well without a meter.

Hi Please can you point me in the direction of one of these as I have a few old lenses from my OM 10 and 40 and want to use them on my Canon EOS 500d

Thanks

Hi Please can you point me in the direction of one of these as I have a few old lenses from my OM 10 and 40 and want to use them on my Canon EOS 500d

Thanks

Here you go

OM- Canon adaptor

This has a chip with focus confirmation so you can use the AF to help focus - if it is adjusted correctly that is. I discovered mine wasn't, so need to tweak it.

You may need to wiggle a thin blade into the flanges the OM lens fit into to get a tighter fit - sounds contradictory, but that what a colleague showed me and it did the trick.

The OP has gone rather quiet.

I think he is waiting to be primed.

RE: Primes,

My favourite lenses are the 50mm and 85mm 1.8. Relatively inexpensive and if you know what you're doing they produce pin sharp images.

One bag, a Full Frame body and 5 Lenses (3x zoom, 2x prime) ranging from 12mm through to 200mm.

You'd probably get arrested under the terrorist act for walking around with one of those.

it's what i use for wedding photography, prime a bit slow f14 :)

And it all started with: "I can make railings look interesting"

And it all started with: "I can make railings look interesting"

Oddly enough a few minutes after noticing your update, I came across this image of railings in my collection. Which may actually illustrate the point that was trying to be made regarding shallow depth of field.

Image was however, shot on a non prime lens - a 24-70mm F2.8 zoom at 54 mm/f2.8 :D

297094_313566598659028_100000170702914_1513217_1862537373_n.jpg