Sign in to follow this  

Tracking hands free mobile

Hello, the company my husband works for has just upgraded all the hands free sets in the company vehicles, on of the lorry drivers has been told he can now be tracked so they always know his whereabouts, does anyone know if this is possible through a hand free kit?

bearing in mind this firm is so tight they won`t part with money unless they really really have to, for example ,my husband prints out his own timesheets to fill in at home bacause they never have enough, and the ink on there`s is so feint you can`t read it, same with the payslips they are too mean to replace the ink! ( just one example i could go on)

I think they are conning the drivers to stop them using the lorries, because a tracking device like that would cost surely?

What do you lot think, is this possible yes or no ?

mollie x

I'm afraid it's quite possible, all part of the 'Big Brother' attitude that pervades our society... See here for just one example of this 'service' that can be provided, in this case, perhaps to your husbands' employer...

ADDED...

N.B. I'm assuming that the hands-free devices are attached to company-supplied mobile phones... It's the phones that supply the information, not the new hands-free sets...

As already said, it's the phones themselves which can be tracked, so the new handsfree sets have nothing to do with it. It sounds like a scare tactic to me, given that they would have to pay a couple of quid every time they checked on a phone's position.

According to the last link, it sounds like everyone has to sign something saying they agree to be tracked (and you can withdraw permission at any time)... No idea if that stops your employer doing it, or if it just means they are doing it illegally :) I would hope that they would have to be the person owning the phone too - I wouldn't fancy any random person with my number being able to track me down! Can't see that mentioned in their FAQ though.