The health benefits of apples

I have been having a bit of trouble with acid reflux so upon doing some research I found someone advising eating a red apple a day...an idea that I sort of chuckled at then discounted.

Desperate times desperate measures I then tried the apple :hihi: I found that actually it works brilliantly throughout the day and has really helped my digestion.

So I decided to see if this was a well known fact and found that it was recommended on a few sites, but I really was not prepared for the other benefits that eating apples can bring to health.

Apparently apples are anti cancer and particularly bring benefits to the lungs and heart, they can also help to fight obesity as the pectin can stop some of the absorption of fats, they can clear out cholesterol and toxins, it can also even fight senility and Alzheimer's.

Just thought that I would share what I found with others, it seems that the old saying is true "an apple a day keeps the Dr away" :)

Wow, didn't know all that. How interesting. Going to start eating more apples now.

It is really interesting Jess http://www.healthdiaries.com/eatthis/10-health-benefits-of-apples.html the BBC say though that there needs to be studies on other fruits to see if they have the same benefits http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/800628.stm ...I am looking into onions next, I read that a diet with lots of onions and apples is of great benefit to Woman's health.

glad to hear as i have just harvested mine have got about 5 bucket fulls stored

they generally last till about feb since they are so good for me i will try to beg some more from other allotment holders,most dont save them just let them rot

Lucky you having all those wonderful apples! If only I didn't have a postage stamp for a garden .... sigh

Aren't bananas supposed to aid digestion too?

Very interesting.. As most the old saying it is very true that "an apple a day keeps the Dr away"

So pleased this advice is getting an airing.

I am a vegetarian and know the benefits of fruit in general.

I must admit though , I didn't know there was SO MUCH benefit from eating apples.

Cheers.