Platinum diamond engagement ring - need to sell it!

Here you are

In the United Kingdom, the gift of an engagement ring is presumed to be an absolute gift to the fiancée. This presumption may be rebutted however by proving that the ring was given on condition (express or implied) that it must be returned if the marriage did not take place, for whatever reason. This was decided in the case Jacobs v Davis [1917] 2 KB 532.

[edit]

Hi

simple facts = a gift is indeed a gift!!!

Yeah - I thought as much, this one is worth £1400, so I want to recover at least a third of its value ideally.

if its worth 1400 for insurance then trade value is about 350-500, scrap its worth about 100-150 depending on the stone.

if its worth 1400 for insurance then trade value is about 350-500, scrap its worth about 100-150 depending on the stone.

Ok - does anyone know where I might be able to recover that kind of figure, except ebay?

But it has become a "bad luck" ring. Nobody wants to buy an engagement ring from a marriage that never happened. Give it back to the guy who bought it for you. It is his anyhow legally.

I am the guy who bought it! Lol. Gave it to her, then things screwed up so I got it back, now I'm trying to sell it.

If it's an exceptional ring then somewhere like PA Jewellery on Commonside may buy it to sell as it is, as a second hand piece of jewellery, rather than for its scrap value, but it really does have to be antique, unusual or a very good name for that to happen.

I am the guy who bought it! Lol. Gave it to her, then things screwed up so I got it back, now I'm trying to sell it.

So how old are you? Don't you think there is a reasonable prospect that you will find someone else to give it to?

"Things screwed up"....what does that mean?

Things do not "screw up"......people do!:suspect:

If it's a platinum and diamond ring, I would certainly say it's not a good idea to sell it on ebay. And not selling it to your local jeweller was a good thing you did.

If it's a platinum and diamond ring, I would certainly say it's not a good idea to sell it on ebay. And not selling it to your local jeweller was a good thing you did.

You might say why?