I'm looking for a photographer(s) to join in studio hire..

Thanks for making the images available. I was hoping to have access to somewhere quite appealing looking so friends and family might be happy to visit and pose. From the pics, this place looks like it needs a fair bit of work doing to it?.

Obviously I havn't seen it in the flesh, so I can only judge from the photos. Having visited the place, I geuss only you know its true condition. What did you think - does it need a lot of work doing?.

It's not appealing at the moment, it needs doing up. The ceiling needs covering but some draped material would be good enough to start and a lick of paint will make all the difference. (I don't mean there are holes in the roof, but the ceiling is exposed and has cobwebs and all sorts showing)

It will also need some tidying of cables and eventually need a rewire which anyone paying rent would have to contribute to.

However, I'm still trying to get in touch with the landlord as I've now heard a rumour that he may have rented it out to someone else...

I'll keep everyone updated.

If it's true, I may start to look at other places but don't think I'll get anywhere as big for that price... :o(

Edited by fairground
text could be misconstrued

Hi, when I was looking for studio space earlier this year I viewed some rooms on Sidney Street in the city centre,space and rent wise they were perfect but they were on the first floor and I really needed somewhere on ground level. They were being rented out by a poster on here with the user name of NUCAD may be worth messaging him to see if any are still available.

Jeff

A potential space may have come up to make something like this possible again.

Could any interested parties get in touch by email with their individual requirements to [email protected] and we can take it from there. Its 1st floor around 45x20 (to 30) feet depending whether a partition wall is installed in the space.

The room will be ready to rent from around middle of may by arrangement.

Main room is 45x30 feet available days, evenings and weekends. Useable for all but alcohol fuelled parties. Zumba ? Studio? Drama groups? Meetings ........

We are already arranging table top gaming events for large 80+ and small groups

lan party's from 20 to 60 seats. Room only or bring the clan and pcs we will run it for you

some computer workshops.

if you're looking for a space for your event get In touch. Short term from 4hr slots avaliable.

discount for regular or longer bookings.

Its 1st floor around 45x20 (to 30) feet depending whether a partition wall is installed in the space.
What would be the situation re disabled access. I was wondering about this a few days back as businesses legally need to make themselves accessible and making non ground floor venues wheelchair friendly is not always possible.

The room will be ready to rent from around middle of may by arrangement.

Main room is 45x30 feet available days, evenings and weekends. Useable for all but alcohol fuelled parties. Zumba ? Studio? Drama groups? Meetings ........

We are already arranging table top gaming events for large 80+ and small groups

lan party's from 20 to 60 seats. Room only or bring the clan and pcs we will run it for you

some computer workshops.

if you're looking for a space for your event get In touch. Short term from 4hr slots avaliable.

discount for regular or longer bookings.

What class use is it, does it have permitted use as a photography studio?

The business has operated since 2001 pre 2004 DDA law came in and hence as per legal requirement where reasonably possible has been updated.

There is no means of installing a lift or electric assistance within the scope of the building.

You will require assistance to get to the upper floor and the assurance that you could be safely assisted down in an emergency.

All facilities are on one floor once your inside.

Depending on the type of event would depend on the exact requirements and available assistance required and how this would exactly be provided.

All we ask is that ANY special requirements are requested in advance to ensure we can meet any specific needs.

At paid events we would be happy to allow free entry as a spectator for any less-abled persons assistant and where possible ensure a satisfactory experience for all users of the facility.

Overall these things will need to be dealt with individually in advance but as the managed events are all pre-booking only this shouldn't present any issues.