I'm looking for a photographer(s) to join in studio hire..

Hi,

the title of the thread may be misleading and I apologise if this is the case.;)

Let me start at the beginning:

I'm a freelance photographic writer and I test cameras for online photographic mags on a regular basis. I need a decent area to test the cameras/take product shots and I also want to start indulging more in studio work which is my favourite type of photography.

I simply don't have the space but I've been given the opportunity to rent a space in Malin Bridge (near the Anvil) for a decent price. It's a big space, too big for me to use on my own so thought I'd see if anyone wants to go splitsies.

The rent is cheaper than normal because I know the property owner but he's made it clear that if anything needs doing such as repairs, he doesn't want to know - hence the price.

The space could be hired when we're not using it meaning we'd essentially be going into business together.

PM me if you're interested. I'll try and get down there tomorrow and take a few pictures to email to anyone interested.

I want someone who is determined to go at it long term though, I don't want to be left with a massive rent bill because you've decided you don't fancy it.

The landlord will give us 3 months free out of the first 6 months to get us going too.

To make it clear - I'm happy to share the space with up to two other people. It could also be writers, videographers or artists. Own computer and stuff will have to be provided by you but I have a set of lights I can bring down to start.:):)

Hmm, this sounds interesting be nice to have some more details...

I agree, this sounds interesting. I'm not sure I could afford a regular rental agreement. Would this premises be available for rent on a per session basis?.

Hi,

I'll have another chat with the landlord today to get more solid information. chrisp, I'd like to rent it out when it's not in use so yes it would be available on an hourly rate but not until everything is in working order and only if the other regular rent payers agree.

Cheers

Matt

Ok. Look forward to hearing what you figure out. I geuss, if enough people are interested, then a long term rental agreement might not cost too much per person....

It's a worthy thought that was crossing my mind this morning as I was working. It may be more plausible to get more people involved - say, 7 or 8 maybe even 10. I assume (without talking to the landlord) that all rent payers will be key holders so it would be available 24/7 for use for them. That would bring the cost down considerably. I think in that scenario a mix of writers, photographers, artists etc would be the best bet so that there's not 10 photographers all wanting shooting time. I'd just need a corner with a computer most days so could share days with someone shooting. I'll post a thread in the writers forum see if anyone's interested...

If we could get those numbers, I think the rent could be anywhere around £10 - 20 per week. If the space can be rented out when rent payers aren't using it, it could pay for itself.

Of course bills would be on top of rent for electricity, internet, water etc. Costed effectively, it shouldn't make that figure more unrealistic.

May be interested, please keep us posted when you have more details

Myself and a colleague may also be interested.

It'd be nice to see the place if possible.

i could also be interested in this.

photos and more details of costs would be great!

thanks

hmmm... something interesting... more info on prices and photos of place. can you pm me full address of that place (we don't want that owner spotted it) want to check on googlemaps surrounding area. what facilities inside (toilets, shower, small "kitchen")?

Hi guys,

I've taken three (albeit bad) photos of the place. Taken on a phone and rushed. I'll try and get some better ones soon.

Click me

I'll also try and collar the landlord for more definite figures.

Sorry I've not updated sooner, I've been away and ultra busy.

Cheers

Matt