Recommend me a browser

IE FTW! Firefox is crap, Opera is crap, and Chrome is also.... Crap.

Rich, seriously, back up your assertions or keep them to yourself.

Sounds exactly like your claims about nightclubs being full of under 18s, despite you admitting you hate nightclubs and will never set foot in one - i.e. you don't know what you're talking about.

:hihi: That really did make me chuckle.

I use Firefox and I've dipped my toe into Chrome. The latter had a few petty annoyances that sent me scurrying back to Firefox after a few weeks. Even so, I wouldn't say Chrome was crap; it just ultimately didn't compare favourably with my experience of Firefox.

Break free of your MS chains, Rich ;) .

IE fell so far behind Firefox in the mid 2000's that I haven't bothered to look at it properly for years.

I have IE9 installed, but its like a bad copy of Chrome.

Browsers are no big deal to have on your system. Just download a few and decide what works for you.

I currently have Firefox, Opera and Lunascape on my laptop. I tend to use Firefox and I've all my bookmarks and history there. I'd probably use Opera more except that I have a selection of add-ons with Firefox which I use regularly. Lunascape, I haven't spent must time with yet but it looks good.

Speaking as a professional web developer here, IE doesn't meet the requirements to be called a Web Browser, by virtue of the fact that it doesn't speak the standards of the Web. It speaks something approximating HTTP, and something approximating HTML, and something approximating CSS, and ..... But in none of those cases does it actually speak the official standardly defined versions. IE9 is a lot better, but still not quite there...

Are you a MS fanboy by any chance. ?

Possibly, possibly. There's also the fact that this person knows little when it comes to computers;).

Obviously there are millions of people who love IE

I'm not sure they "love it", more like it's what came shipped with the first PC they owned and they simply use it because it's what they've been used to and know little of other software other than the obvious.

Possibly, possibly. There's also the fact that this person knows little when it comes to computers;).

I'm not sure they "love it", more like it's what came shipped with the first PC they owned and they simply use it because it's what they've been used to and know little of other software other than the obvious.

I think you are right. People get a basic grasp of what IE can do and live with it. They have no idea what is available with other browsers or what features they are missing out on.

My partner is still using an AOL browser from about 7 years ago because she is set in her ways. It kills me to see her waiting 2 minutes to get online :|

try firefox if its a PC but i'd stick to safari on a mac because firefox tends to crash a lot

Take a look at the options here:

http://internet-browser-review.toptenreviews.com/

Also, if you have a PC or laptop running XP one of the updates (courtesy of the EU) had to give users the options to choose another browser and I think about 8 are listed with that (can't remember - using Linux Desktop at the moment running Opera 11.52).

...to give users...

"...to give European users..."

...choose another browser...

...choose a browser...

...about 8 are listed...

Twelve.

SeaMonkey - used it for a few years now - fast - fast as Chrome I think - give or take..

Wikipedia on SeaMonkey

Before that I used K-Meleon - but after a few happy months of fast page loading speeds the browser crashed badly a time or too, couldn't be uninstalled and reinstalled - one of those things - I'd still recommend it for a try though!

Edited by Draggletail
Add Link